Continue to Site

Anyone use a Water Filter for your Ice Machine?

ok, took the tech 2.5 hours of work and we are ready to go.

On the big black compressor, there are a couple of coolent lines comming out of it… they start off steel for about 1.5" then are welded to copper. Well one of the steel pieces rusted through. The other one had no rust on it at all, he has no idea how the one got rusted to begin with.

Anyway he patched the hole, filled with freon (spelling?) and oil… and now we’re in business.

Other things i would like to point out to eveyone that has an ice machine (and dosent follow what the booklet says), USE NICKEL SAFE ICE MACHINE CLEANER… the CLR i was using apparently ate the nickel off the ice tray, and the ice dosent like to fall off all the time… which after here attempts to do it, the ice machine shuts it self off. Which has been a problem for months!

He told me to get some Food Grade Silicone and spray it on the tray when it is dry… so the ice will fall off.

Where do I buy this Silicone from?

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Glad you were able to get that worked out. 😃 A company called CCC (Consolidated Commercial Controls, inc) makes food grade silicone spray and most suppliers should carry it. I can get you a quote for it if youre interested. Let me know.

Last edited:
Back