Continue to Site

Bottom line...What is the best advertising for the dollar?

Re: Bottom line…What is the best advertising for the dolla
48.png
bodegahwy:
You would not believe the number of times I have heard from someone else who we did not call that they heard we do this… We even got written up in the local paper for it. Retention? Certainly. Marketing? Without any doubt.

It is far easier to get an extra $1000 in sales from your best customers than it is to find new customers to generate $1000 in sales. You need to do both, but when the question is “what is the best advertising for the dollar?” I will stand by the answer I gave.

What is the second best advertising per dollar? Box toppers… oops… retention again.

Third best? Front desk referrals from lodging. We hand out free pizza cards to all lodging staff twice per year. One card per employee at each lodging property.

Fourth best? Coupon books.

Radio gives coupons a good run for the money in my opinion, but since it does not generate a direct sale with coupon to count, it is hard to measure.
I agree call backs are a very good tool. If anything we are debating what ‘advertising’ is as per the original post. I wouldn’t say that call backs were ‘advertising’ even if someone got to hear that I do them. But hey ho at least we’re giving some good ideas?

Of course you need customers in the first place in order to retain them that’s the point I was trying to make!

Last edited:
Re: Bottom line…What is the best advertising for the dolla

bang for the buck I have a hard time beating email campains, its the ROI is been so high, I know doorhanging is a must but out of pocket is higher and lately I have been getting the same responce…you have to put in a lot of work though.
I have a fish bowl at every bank and grocery store in town advertising free lunch

Last edited:
Back