Continue to Site

Conveyor oven and fresh dough

Here is what we used to do:

We would bring the frozen case into the walk-in at the end of one day and leave overnight.

Take the doughballs out of the case and put them into nesting dough trays in the morning. They would still be frozen but no longer at zero F.

A day after that they would be thawed. Another full day of proofing in the walk-in from there was what worked best for us.

They could be used the after the first day in the trays when they were thawed but handled and baked up better on the second day.

Last edited:
So I have a problem with tye tops of my pizza crust not cooking enough. Why do you think that is?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jen;
If you have dough boxes, remove the frozen dough balls from their bags and place them in the dough box, remember to oil the top of each dough ball, place a lid on each box and allow to slack out overnight in the cooler. On the following day remove dough box and keep lidded, allow to remain at room temperature for about 1-hour (dough should be at a temperature between 45 and 50F) then place back in the cooler, remove on the following day for use. To use, bring dough box out of the cooler and allow dough balls t warm to 50F then begin opening them into pizza skins as you need them. The dough balls will remain good to use for about 3-hours.
If you don’t have dough boxes, place the bagged dough balls on a sheet pan allowing about 1-inch of space between dough balls, allow to slack out overnight, on the following day bring the sheet pan of dough balls out of the cooler and allow the dough balls to warm to 45 - 50F, then place back into the cooler for use on the following day. To use the dough balls remove from cooler and allow to warm at room temperature until the dough balls reach 50F then begin opening the dough balls into pizza skins as you need them, the dough balls will remain good to use for about 3-hours.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
are you referring to the crust edge or the layer under sauce and toppings?
The layer under the sauce…do you have any ideas?

Last edited:
What you are talking about is what is called the GUM line and does appear to be uncooked mine is the same way

Last edited:
What you are talking about is what is called the GUM line and does appear to be uncooked mine is the same way
How do you get rid of it?

Last edited:
Take a look through some of your past issues of PMQ, I wrote an all inclusive article pertaining to the “dreaded gum line”.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
Back