Continue to Site

Custom pizza boxes......?

The advertising is annoying, but it’s made even worse by your outrageous prices. If you are going to scam some free advertising on PMQ, at least offer the savings to us.

Last edited:
Ok just to sound like a smartass here… his ad states 1000 per box size minimum but the pricing next to the box quantity at no point states “price per box” ??? Hmm… so lets all order 10,000 for under a buck? :mrgreen:

Maybe someone should have proof read your ad before you posted it.
As a printer I would think your ad would be perfect …it’s a reflection of your work.
To many mistakes.What

Last edited:
qcfmike:
Ok just to sound like a smartass here… his ad states 1000 per box size minimum but the pricing next to the box quantity at no point states “price per box” ??? Hmm… so lets all order 10,000 for under a buck? :mrgreen:
When you Order 10,000 do you get to perches 2,000 of one size and 3,000 of another then 5,000 of your large size i was trying to make a way to order what you the restraint need’s and take out the set up fees for a small order.

Last edited:
My food distributor, Nicholas, uses Whalen Box. No set up charge and very little change in cost compared to their generic graphics. I commit to buy the 50 cases of each size and Nicholas keeps them in stock so I pay as I go. Sysco in my area uses Star box.

Last edited:
I am wondering how many stores use custom boxes versus blank and/or generic boxes…I think custom printed boxes add a little to the “curb appeal” of a pizzeria…

Last edited:
Royster,

I’ve kicked that idea around a lot: custom box VS full color box topper. I go through a lot of very nice, professional, full color box toppers. Cost-wise, I’ve never been able to crack the additional 50+ cents per box for a custom box. It always fails my first test: How many people keep a custom box in their drawer for a possible REORDER versus the number of people who will peel a box topper off and keep it in the drawer? My answer always leads me to believe people will keep the box topper and toss the box.

Last edited:
48.png
pizza2007:
Royster,

I’ve kicked that idea around a lot: custom box VS full color box topper. I go through a lot of very nice, professional, full color box toppers. Cost-wise, I’ve never been able to crack the additional 50+ cents per box for a custom box. It always fails my first test: How many people keep a custom box in their drawer for a possible REORDER versus the number of people who will peel a box topper off and keep it in the drawer? My answer always leads me to believe people will keep the box topper and toss the box.
Code:
  You should get more quotes for custom boxes.  Whoever quoted you $.50 extra per custom box should be ashamed of themselves.  Custom boxes should not be more than $.10 extra and in some cases with high volume maybe only $.02 or $.03 extra.  A well printed custom box looks incredible and we use an 8.5x11 full color flyer also.  I recently had to use some  "generic" boxes and even with our boxtopper they just aren't in the same league.

Last edited:
Perfect,

PM me, perhaps I can find a better quote… No arguing that a custom box is better, it just depends on the price.

Last edited:
I know every 2nd Wed. when it is recycling day, the 1 pizzeria in our area that uses custom boxes sure sticks out…I also believe there is some impact when you deliver a big order for a sports or school event where non customers might be present…

Last edited:
we were paying 20 cents a box, extra…or about 60 dollars a week, 240 a month…Only thing was we seemed to be putting fliers over our logo as well. we since have switched back to generic, I do miss them but I dont miss the high price…

Last edited:
I wish there was more information about the value of a brand versus the extra cost of custom printed pizza boxes…I can understand wanting to shed 240.00 a month in costs but are you also losing some of your “sizzle”?..Because printed pizza boxes are so “out there” is is not quite as easy to calculate their value versus cutting a cost that is hidden…

Last edited:
Back