Continue to Site

Customer requests - gotta love 'em

I find it funny when people try to compare pizza sizes/prices by the number of slices - even though the size of the slice is different.

I’ve often wondered how much exatra money I’d make if I offered the following upsell:

“Sir, I can make that large pizza with 12 slices instead of 10 for only $1 more!”

“Wow, 2 extra slices for only $1? Sure I’ll do it!”

Last edited:
Registered Guest:
I find it funny when people try to compare pizza sizes/prices by the number of slices - even though the size of the slice is different.

I’ve often wondered how much exatra money I’d make if I offered the following upsell:

“Sir, I can make that large pizza with 12 slices instead of 10 for only $1 more!”

“Wow, 2 extra slices for only $1? Sure I’ll do it!”
I’m sure this one would work a lot.

Last edited:
Haha.

I actually went out to Denny’s once with some friends and when one of them was asked how he would like his eggs he replied, “broken”.

Last edited:
We had $1 cuts on Mondays for the last few months. We change our specials every quarter and changed them for October 1st. Customers came in on Monday for $1 cuts and saw we changed the specials and walked out telling us they were going to Wendy’s…

Last edited:
48.png
sweetp1265:
We had $1 cuts on Mondays for the last few months. We change our specials every quarter and changed them for October 1st. Customers came in on Monday for $1 cuts and saw we changed the specials and walked out telling us they were going to Wendy’s…
people would tell me that they would go to the competion when I wouldn’t give them what they wanted… for example. Dominos would be running a carryout special real cheap with a coupon, people would bring that in and ask if I would honor it. I said no because I would be losing money. they threatened to go to the competion, I told them “hey good luck with that! have a nice day!”

Last edited:
I love this thread, I thought my customers were special until now. I guess everybody gets to deal with the same issues.

Last Friday started with " I want the large meat pizza except I want it extra large" and the entire day went that way, my frustration ended though when I got totals and it was best friday for months.

I also heard “what is the difference between your small and medium stromboli other than price?”. I could not resist saying “size, the medium is larger than the small”

How about the one yesterday where a woman wanted to buy a pizza for us to deliver to her daughter who lives in apartments near our store. She had to ask someone for the address. Paid with CC over the phone. We delivered the food and about a half hour after making the delivery got a call asking where the food was. Guess what? the woman gave us the wrong apartment #. the people in the apartment gladly accepted the food and signed the ticket. We remade the food and sent it out because it was cheaper than dealing with a chargeback.

Rick

Last edited:
I have 2 more… When people order a pizza and they want the topping on half, I always ask them which half left or right. There is always silence, then a laugh.
Sometimes when people order I guess they are looking at Papa Johns name, but my number. When we pick up we answer “Pastabilities” they say…is this Papa Johns? The call gets handed to me and the fun begins.

Last edited:
48.png
GeorgiaPizza:
Sometimes when people order I guess they are looking at Papa Johns name, but my number. When we pick up we answer “Pastabilities” they say…is this Papa Johns? The call gets handed to me and the fun begins.
I get that sort of thing with Daddio’s and Dominos. The funny thing is when they want delivery to the next town and I say we don’t go there.

“But you were here last night!”

No we have never delivered there and this is your first order here.

“No you are wrong, you were here last night and last week twice”

You live 12 miles from our store so you are out of our delivery area.

“Well you just lost a good customer, We will never order there again!”

Last edited:
230_2.png
Daddio:
The funny thing is when they want delivery to the next town and I say we don’t go there.

“But you were here last night!”

No we have never delivered there and this is your first order here.

“No you are wrong, you were here last night and last week twice”

You live 12 miles from our store so you are out of our delivery area.

“Well you just lost a good customer, We will never order there again!”
We had a similar one the other week when someone wanted a pizza delivered about 8 - 10km away. The phone girl said we didn’t deliver there but the customer kept saying 'why? it’s just down the road" Our girl kept saying we don’t deliver there because it is out of our delivery area. The customer got shirtty and screamed " well you just lost a good long standing customer". Footnote: we have NEVER delivered to this area or the other 2 suburbs between this and our boundary so it looks as if some poor shop has lost a customer.

Dave

Last edited:
48.png
aj453:
We do a special on Monday nights. 50 cent pints of beer, gets people in the door ordering full price pizza. Anyways, people complain that its only coors light and bud light. Imagine people complaining about almost free beer
The shop I used to work at was basically across the street from the local university. For the last couple of years, the local main street organization would hold a “block party” a couple days before school started. At the block party, the local PD would block off the street and a lot of the stores from around town would set up booths for the students to visit and some gave out free samples of what they sold (roughly 800 to 1200 students). One year, we had a booth set up, and we were offering free slices of pizza (1 per student). We would take a 12" or 14" pizza and cut it into maybe 20 slices or so (main street wanted finger food sized offerings). You wouldn’t believe how many of the students were complaining because the slices weren’t big enough!

Last edited:
Back