Continue to Site

Delivery bags

I can see what noreason is referring to. Very often if I have down time I will pre-bag a drivers delivery so they can walk in the door, map it, assign it, and go. This saves time and gets the delivery to the customer quicker. If you have 2 specific bags for a driver each day and they are on a 2-bagger, you would not be able to do this.

Last edited:
Or are the drivers bagging up their own food? Having the drivers bag their own food seems more realistic than having a guy check in and out every bag for every delivery, that’s for sure, but where does the food sit before it goes into an assigned bag?
The food sits in the warming cabinet until the driver bags their orders in their assigned bag.

Last edited:
We cut & box the pizzas and put them in a delivery bag (or multiple bags if it’s a big order) from the stack under the cutting bench and the driver takes it. All bags are stored under the cutting bench and they put them back there when they return from delivery.
Don’t see why there is a need to allocate bag/s at the start of the shift. What happens when all drivers are on delivery? Do you put them in another bag and then the driver transfers them to his / her bag when they take the delivery?
We cut and put the pizzas in a delivery bag and then the driver takes it and goes. If all drivers are out on delivery it goes in a bag and they take that bag for the next delivery and so on. Seems pretty simple to me vs drivers having their own allocated bags.
In nearly 9 years I have thrown out 4 times more bags than ones lost by driver. Lost bags by drivers would be no more 3 in this time.
Dave

Last edited:
We just deliver too much food for that to work
We cut & box the pizzas and put them in a delivery bag (or multiple bags if it’s a big order) from the stack under the cutting bench and the driver takes it. All bags are stored under the cutting bench and they put them back there when they return from delivery.
Don’t see why there is a need to allocate bag/s at the start of the shift. What happens when all drivers are on delivery? Do you put them in another bag and then the driver transfers them to his / her bag when they take the delivery?
We cut and put the pizzas in a delivery bag and then the driver takes it and goes. If all drivers are out on delivery it goes in a bag and they take that bag for the next delivery and so on. Seems pretty simple to me vs drivers having their own allocated bags.
In nearly 9 years I have thrown out 4 times more bags than ones lost by driver. Lost bags by drivers would be no more 3 in this time.
Dave
This is what we do as well. That was my point. Seems like a lot of work to assign bags, unless of course we are both missing something…

Last edited:
Back