Continue to Site

Do you sell popcorn?....

royster13

Staff member
I was talking to a client today and they had “theatre style popcorn” on the menu along with pizza and the usual fare…I have heard about all kinds of appetizers and deserts but never heard that one before…Anyone else sell popcorn?..

Last edited:
lol, no but I can see how it might make sense since both pizza and popcorn are used for festive occasions and movie nights.

Last edited:
Not on the menu yet, but it is on the short list of development projects. I’ve contacted a popcorn seasoning company . . . the guys who put the containers at movie theatres for self-flavoring . . . to see about getting order from them.

I’d love to use popcorn as a flavored table munchie while customers peruse the menu. It would also be an ordered item. I actually have space for up to a 6oz popper to drive the production. When we get our nicer dining room and model going, then it will be a unique element of our dining experience. Garlic Parmesan or simply White Cheddar is pretty darned good on popcorn. Apple Cinnamon and Chocolate Marshmallow could be little ditties for other uses and/or occasions.

Last edited:
I had thought about having a free popcorn in our game room as a cute touch, but decided against it for a few reasons.
  1. I didn’t want them to get filled up on popcorn and not order fries, cheese stix, breadstix, etc
  2. I didn’t want them to eat the popcorn and get thirstier, as we offer free refills
I think the popcorn works better in a bar where you want your customers to get thirstier so they order more beer and have something to munch on.

Just my 2 cents…

Last edited:
Well, and there’s also a lot of hubbub going on right now about the affects of diacetyl in pop corn causing cancer and harming those with allergies.

I would wait until this blows over before adding popcorn to my menu.

Last edited:
I will let those who are allergen sensitive inform themselves and make healthy choices for themselves. I’ll follow it a bit and see if there is any huge megolithic finding that is more stable than the whole the argument that butter or margarine is a healthier choice. When a significant health risk is found, then we will certainly make an informed choice about continuing or not.

We are moving forward on developing our popcorn program. It will be part of our nicer dining rather than our lower position dining room. We like the idea of thirsty people ordering a drink while perusing the dining fare . . . . and a second (good profit margin) beer or glass of wine while waiting a few minutes for their dinner. Popcorn is dead cheap in cost plus labor as compared to the bread/oil/cheese/etc. We’ll offer a bread plate, probably when dinner comes, or if they inquire before hand. Remember that those little dinner rolls have the flour now almost worth its weight in gold.

Popcorn is fun and flexible . . . I’ll probably sell it by the bagful as well. Kettle corn is also a regional favorite in these parts.

<<so many typos!>>

Last edited:
Back