Continue to Site

Driver ran over a motorized bicycle

it looks like the derailer and possible a wheel.
As neglected as that thing is. no way I’d consider paying new replacement, I’d pay half of book value in its neglected condition of only the parts needed.
It ended up being more than that bent frame and battery damage as well. What sucks is the driver drove away so there were no pictures at the time of the accident. What I think happened is this guy damaged the bike more before he brought it over for us to see with the hopes of getting a new bike. Call me crazy but the more I think about it and go over what happened this is what I think. Anyways I have stopped talking to him and have decided to let him take me to small claims. My agent said that a small claim like this is not worth submitting to insurance. My premium will go up along with my drivers premium and he will have an accident on his record.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It ended up being more than that bent frame and battery damage as well. What sucks is the driver drove away so there were no pictures at the time of the accident. What I think happened is this guy damaged the bike more before he brought it over for us to see with the hopes of getting a new bike. Call me crazy but the more I think about it and go over what happened this is what I think. Anyways I have stopped talking to him and have decided to let him take me to small claims. My agent said that a small claim like this is not worth submitting to insurance. My premium will go up along with my drivers premium and he will have an accident on his record.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
48.png
yogibuck:
If money were no object. I would just pay it. But unfortunately that is not always the case.

I think what I would do is say, I wasn’t driving the car, there are no witnesses, I was just trying to be a good guy, do the right thing and placate a customer . I feel like you are trying to take advantage of my generosity as I’ve obviously done nothing wrong.

I’m not even liable for any damages as I am not at fault.

Good luck taking my pizza delivery guy to court (his attorney wants to know what proof you have that it was even him as his recollection of the event is fuzzy) and collecting a settlement. Any judge would probably rule that your daughter was equally culpable for laying the bike down in a right of way and not parking it correctly anyhow.

If you want to be fair, we can talk.

Last edited:
Back