Continue to Site

Five guys burgers and fries

One of our customers owns 11 of those franchises… it is frikin crazy… he owns one right in patriots place ( where gillete stadium is where the new england patriots play) he was telling us that that particular store makes about 2k per hour… you go there and there is a line all day… you not allow to buy just one franchise, you have to buy at least 3 at once and each one cost about 1m… it is out of control!

I remember when Fuddruckers was big in the Chicago burbs many many years ago. Even back then they were really expensive for a “gourmet” burger and it wasn’t so much that people would not pay for an expensive burger…it was that their burgers sucked! They were really horrible. Now…listening to Steve talk about the burgers in ski country makes me want to hit the slopes! 😛 I have not had a Five Guys yet but will try one out on my next trip to Chicago. Now, if anyone around the windy city wants a really great burger…go to Hackneys. They have always had top notch burgers and the best onion ring loafs ever. Burger on their dark rye with swiss and sauteed onions. Sounds like I am on the new BMQ forum. :?

Many, many years ago, another ‘burger rush’ had hit the scene…Central Park Hamburgers, Hooker’s Hamburgers & Rally’s (now owned by Checker’s)

Most were housed in little tiny buildings featuring a double drive-thru & a very limited menu…

Many of them were just flash-in-the-pan operations…I bought an old Hooker’s in Knoxville that was converted in a min-Italian joint…man did I loose a bunch of money…lol…

Central Park is still around…they were the best & as I remember, much better than 5 Guys…

Last edited:
My wife loves them, I think they are ok…I HATE there fries. I dont know where to place them…they are better than any fast food, but no where near as good as the gourmet burger joints around town…

Last edited:
Back