Continue to Site

foodtec pos

Its map system is great… I live in an area where it is saturated with homes … .No building at all.

The good thing about the map system with foodtec, is that you can add/delete streets… change it yourself… completely customizable.

Last edited:
RobT is exactly right…I couldn’t believe how easy it was to add a street to foodtec’s map. Sometimes we have roads that have added houses so when you put the address in, it doesn’t come up right away. A quick edit to adjust the house numbers on the street and you’re done.

Sal…when did you start the web ordering with foodtec. I’m not to happy with a 3% of sales after 25 orders.

Last edited:
why should i spend 18,000 on a 3 or 4 system station with food tec as opposed to getting something cheaper like point of success or what sal uses?

what’s the big difference?

Last edited:
porky's pizza:
why should i spend 18,000 on a 3 or 4 system station with food tec as opposed to getting something cheaper like point of success or what sal uses?

what’s the big difference?
Porky,
I am sure the foodtec overall software is superior. They charge superior prices…for anyone out there …please realize I am not saying that foodtec isn’t a very nice system…I/m saying there are other choices out there and probably more than I care to know about…

I use www.superdeliver.com you can add internet ordering by adding just one station to your current system or even hand written system…

I use a local geek for computer support if needed…and I just signed up with the programmer for $30 menu support etc…I call or e-mail him and he makes all the changes or updates …coupons…new menu items for me…

so far so good…

Last edited:
Here is why i chose foodtec’s system:
  1. Everything is on 1 Screen. No going through 15 screens to modify an item.
  2. Caller ID
  3. Can set up Hospitals, Apartments, Military Bases, Colleges, Nursing Homes, Schools to an address. Example: School: it will ask for the teacher name or room number or whatever you want it to have it ask for.
  4. Maps. Plots the address exactly on the map for the drivers.
  5. Customer History
  6. Can remember something specific a customer likes.
  7. Coupons (even the crazy combinations)
  8. Surveillance System
  9. Remote access help
  10. Credit Cards … can store a credit card for future orders for a customer.
  11. Integrated web ordering
  12. Gift Cards
  13. Customer surveys
  14. ADP Payroll
  15. Great Tech support. (haven’t had any bad experiences)
It really is a great system, but is expensive.

Last edited:
so what is a ball park figure for a 4 station system, with everything you mentioned?

and finally… can it do “quarters” on a pizza order?

1/4 cheese, 1/4 pep, 1/2 onion

Last edited:
Yup… i don’t do 1/4 toppings but the system can do that…

Cost probably around 18K i’m guessing.

Last edited:
INTERNET ORDERs example.

Tonight I had 17 online orders total was $338.00

avg online order tonight was $19.88 and accounted for roughly

13% of todays revenues…

Regardless of the system you use…it is clear some customers like to order online…so getting started is important…

I like the “saving Credit card info with FOOD TEC>”>that is super as long as it is not easy to pull up the information.>>

any security there ROBT???

SAL

Last edited:
SAL,

there is no way for an employee of yours to copy down a Credit Card Number unless they are inputing the number in for the 1st time.

When the customer calls, and asks to put it on their card,

You hit the credit button, and a popup window comes up, (Use Mastercard ending in 9334…) You only see the last 4 digits.

I have about 100 customers who keep a credit card on file…

Now, i’m paying over 3% for a non-swiped card(delivery). If the Web ordering turns out great, it’ll bump to 6%. I’m guessing that i’ll generate 5 internet orders a day at the most… so that will get me 150 a month… Avg ticket $18. generating $2250 in internet sales… costing me 68 bucks to foodtec… plus the $35… so looks like costing me $100.
What % of your online orders are credit cards? i’m guessing that majority of them will pay cash.

I’m willing to take the risk, if it will generate me more revenue and new customers. I took the risk of buying they’re POS system, and i’m very happy with it.

Last edited:
I was looking at this foodtec system. They were going to do an online demo for me. Some guy named Andrew called and said “A one station system starts out at $6500. Then it goes to $9000 for a two station. If you don’t have that much in your budget we won’t waste our time and you should shop elsewhere.” I really didn’t know what to say. He didn’t offer to let me see why his system could possibly be worth that much. No defending his price. He just said here it is, it costs this much, if you don’t have it, don’t bother me. Talk about customer service.

Last edited:
yes my pos supports the same credit card situation…however they use Mercury payments…so I have no idea on there fees right now…

checking into that right awayl…

ROBT that credit card feature is hot…I have it in my system but am not using it…I was not aware it was in there…

SAL

Last edited:
Sal,

I ran in the high teens my first store. That included 4 terminals, 4 screens, 3 cash drawers, 3 thermal printers, 4 impact printers, keyboards, mice, 4 credit card swipes. I haven’t had a problem with any piece of equipment since I got it. Their support is also excellent!
I’m an analyst for them and I am very grateful for that comment recognizing the work that we do!

8 years ago this post started.

I’m still with foodtec and still happy.

Delivery IQ rocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back