For the "Labor Lawyers.."

Since Gregster believe the shop is responsible I will have to say that the driver should be fired and should owe the shop money since they totaled out a potential customer’s car and made the said shop look bad.

Last edited:
48.png
epizza24:
Since Gregster believe the shop is responsible I will have to say that the driver should be fired and should owe the shop money since they totaled out a potential customer’s car and made the said shop look bad.
You can’t charge the driver for the accident because deducting that much money from their pay would be a minimum wage violation.

What makes me laugh my piza-making butt off is that the answer to this question is the same as the other ones . . . consult a labor attorney and/or your local department of labor!! You will not get a legaly defensible answer to labor questions on this forum.

You’ll get some great insights on what to ask the attorney and what safeguards to put into place in terms of minimizing liaility exposure. Actual legal matters belong with attorneys, even if it costs you a couple bucks.

Last edited:
48.png
NicksPizza:
What makes me laugh my piza-making butt off is that the answer to this question is the same as the other ones . . . consult a labor attorney and/or your local department of labor!! You will not get a legaly defensible answer to labor questions on this forum.

You’ll get some great insights on what to ask the attorney and what safeguards to put into place in terms of minimizing liaility exposure. Actual legal matters belong with attorneys, even if it costs you a couple bucks.
What makes me laugh my pizza-delivering butt off is that’s just as absurd as saying you must consult an attorney every time you pass a speed limit sign to see if the law actually applies to you!

Driver: “But officer, I’m not a lawyer! How was I to know the speed limit applied to ME!”
Officer: “Just sign the ticket sir.”

What if someone were to call up a pizza shop and place an order using a credit card just to see if ‘only managers’ actually are the only ones processing CC orders? What if it was found that not only are sub minimum wage employees processing CC orders, but the owner of the store was on record conversing about the very law that says that is a minimum wage violation? What would the State DOL office say when the owners defense was “Well, yes, I read the law over and over, and even quoted it and commented on it many times, but since a ‘lawyer’ wasn’t the one telling me, I didn’t think it applied to me.” :roll:

Personally, I would pay him until the end of the shift. In the larger picture, this is a small thing.

Work comp will pay for the injuries as this occured on the clock.

The auto thing wil be sorted out by the insurance companies. (you do have “hired and non-owned” coverage right?)

Last edited:
Back