Continue to Site

Free Delivery

Registered Guest:
48.png
NicksPizza:
. . . as a customer I would ask “why am I paying the same thing the delivered customer is paying?”.
Nick - YOU might ask that because you are in the biz - but I’d bet money that any other customer would never think of such a question. It wouldn’t make sense to ask that from their point of view since they would think that delivery was “free”.

I’ve only heard pizza store owners bring that point up.

Has anyone here (that had free delivery at the time) ever have a pickup customer ask why his pizza costs the same as the person who used delivery?
As a customer, it never mattered to me.

Last edited:
Pakula's Pizza:
dave-
im sorry i must have read that wrong. Even Still I can’t imagine a pizza being $13.00 and delivery is $9.00 from you or anyone else. How much is a pizza by you??
Our large (13") pizzas are from $15 - $20. We have a minimum order value of $25 for delivery plus delivery fee starting from $5.50 and going through to $8 for far extreme suburbs of our delivery zone.
Many customers who only want one pizza delivered are happy to pay the $25 min order plus delivery fee - they must really love our pizzas :lol: or have more money than sense. In these case we normally send a garlic bread and a drink along so they get closer to the cost value. We don’t have to but I find it is good PR to do so. But we won’t compromise on the min delivery order value otherwise it opens a minefield.
Eagle Boys, Domino’s and PH all have a $20 min order for delivery plus $8 - $9 delivery fee.
That’s our market in Australia.

Dave

Last edited:
Registered Guest:
Has anyone here (that had free delivery at the time) ever have a pickup customer ask why his pizza costs the same as the person who used delivery?
In the 10 - 12 years of working at PH in various markets I never once had that question. Most common quetsions were:
Do you deliver? What are your specials? Do you have XYZ topping? How long for a pizza? and my personal favorite…Is the manager in my F-ing pizza isn’t here?! 🙂

b

Last edited:
230_2.png
Daddio:
Registered Guest:
I am glad you asked that question. At least 2 times a night I had customers ask if they get a discount for picking up when I offered free delivery. The only thing I could tell them is they would have their order sooner. There were several times I wanted to say “If you got a discount for picking up the order the the delivery wouldn’t be free.”
As long as there’s no discount across the board i.e. your collection special is just on one or two items then it shouldn’t be a problem.

As I said above I’m in business to try and sell pies to as many people as I can (profitably). If people want to come and pick up then sure I’ll give em an incentive albeit on my terms (my collection specials are all 2 pie specials so they get a good deal and I get a reasonable return from the higher ticket price).

People always want specials so we offer as many different scenario’s as possible. It also REALLY helps to have a good collection special that you can push when your getting slammed on delivery. ‘Its gonna be an hour for delivery at the moment or 20 mins if you come down and collect and we’ll throw in xyz for you tonight to make up for it’.

Last edited:
Back