Continue to Site

Full Red sauce

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
-BTW, my own sauce is basically copied from a very successful and long time established pizzeria/restaurant in the Chicago area. They too use only Full Red Tomato Puree at a 2:1 Ratio with “Lake Michigan Water” and just a sprinkle of dried oregano and grated Romano cheese added when making each pie. Everyone raves about the “Sauce”, but I’ve found the secret )(which is really no real secret) is that the quality and consistency of the tomato is what a great sauce is made from. No need for a complicated sauce with a ton of ingredients. many times less is more, I’ve found. Especially on a pizza where a number of other ingredients and favors are already in the mix, so to speak.

Last edited:
-BTW, my own sauce is basically copied from a very successful and long time established pizzeria/restaurant in the Chicago area. They too use only Full Red Tomato Puree at a 2:1 Ratio with “Lake Michigan Water” and just a sprinkle of dried oregano and grated Romano cheese added when making each pie. Everyone raves about the “Sauce”, but I’ve found the secret )(which is really no real secret) is that the quality and consistency of the tomato is what a great sauce is made from. No need for a complicated sauce with a ton of ingredients. many times less is more, I’ve found. Especially on a pizza where a number of other ingredients and favors are already in the mix, so to speak.
sounds like Lou Malnati’s sauce! that place does huge business but they don’t use Stanislaus i think they use red gold.

Last edited:
We use Full Red Pizza Sauce with Basil. We add Oregano, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic and cheese. But its good and the customers seem to like it.

Ooops forgot about water lol

Last edited:
sounds like Lou Malnati’s sauce! that place does huge business but they don’t use Stanislaus i think they use red gold.
Not Lou Malnati’s, although very familiar with their pizza. I think you are also right that they use red gold, and not Stanislaus.

Last edited:
We use Full Red Pizza Sauce with Basil. We add Oregano, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic and cheese. But its good and the customers seem to like it.

Ooops forgot about water lol
I’m sure your sauce is great! Variation is what makes this passion called pizza so much fun and interesting!

Last edited:
Not Lou Malnati’s, although very familiar with their pizza. I think you are also right that they use red gold, and not Stanislaus.
My understanding is that Lou Malnati’s gets its tomatoes from the Neil Jones Food Company, possibly part of the San Benito line, and that the tomatoes are canned specifically for Malnati’s with the Malnati’s name on the label.

PN

Last edited:
I got some SuperDolce dropped off instead of my 7/11 this week. Sort of annoyed me since if that was their version of a substitution, it was a poor one.

Last edited:
Back