Continue to Site

If You Could Only Use One Promotional Tool...

I believe that doorhangers give a similar, if not slightly better response than direct mail. Just like direct mail, you need a well designed piece that commands attention and a good offer generally helps. As far as distribution, generally they are cheaper to distribute than mail, but if you just give them to teenagers to distribute unsupervised, many times you will find almost zero response as many times they will just get thrown in the garbage instead of being put on doors.

As far as the open at next visit specials, my only experience was a single restaurant in my town that used those last Christmas season. I am generally an avid coupon clipper and often a good restaurant coupon will make the decision where to eat easy. These envelopes were put in our glove box and forgotten only to be remembered months after they expired. I guess not knowing what we were getting kept us from getting excited about saving at that restaurant.

Last edited:
48.png
pcuezze:
Two things from a newbie:
  1. How do door hangers compare to direct-mailings. I have lots of eager teenagers willing to drop door hangers
I just logged on to ask that exact question. I’m not concerned about whether they’ll actually make it from the employees hand to the door knob, just if they are as effective or more so, than direct mail.

Last edited:
I find them to both be effective. The hardest part over the last 15 years is to consistantly do it. That is the key.

I don’t think there really is an issue of them getting on the door…do we really have employees that would throw them in the trash…I don’t.

I find door hanging cheaper because you can get em and go. For the direct mail we are still doing it the old way and it takes time getting them labeled and sent.

I just ordered 10,000 door hangers from century for 255 bucks they will be here by next week. Easy enough.

The key to your success will be doing it. I strongly suggest being ready. There was an example on another thread where they guy handed out magnets and had to close early cuz he was so busy. To me that defeats the purpose and shows lack of management. He probably did more harm than good

You probably won’t get totally blasted but you want to make sure to have enough product, your staff is trained on what the specials are (and aren’t) you will want to gather them and get them motivated in service excellence. You may want to incorporate a suggestive selling contest. Have box toppers so you can encourage customers to come back.

Keep in mind the best times to door hang are around the 1st-3rd and around the 15th.

Kris

Last edited:
Back