Continue to Site

Impact of new businesses & competition

I also found that they started closing sooner - from 3 AM close they went to 2 AM, then to 1 AM and are now closing at 12 AM, which might have something to do with the drop.
It very likely does and if the costs to be open are high enough they might be better off being closed.

Last edited:
It very likely does and if the costs to be open are high enough they might be better off being closed.
Apparently not. They said they didnt have time to focus on business and get staffing,which is why they started closing sooner.

At this point, I am just trying to get them to make their claims, and I will then need verification & proof as part of my contingencies in the offer. I can compare the daily sales, monthly sales with preceding time frames to see if lack of sales was the reason they closed.

Last edited:
In a valuation based on Seller’s Discretionary Earnings I first determine a likely range of values based on the SDE achieved by the examples in the data set. Let’s say that range is from 1.2X to 2.8X with a median of 2.0X. This says that a business which has SDE of 100K is likely to sell in a range between 120K and 280K (Plus inventory and pre-paid items). Where it likely falls inside that range depends on a dozen or so variables of differing levels of importance.
Can you please elaborate on this point. What are these dozen variables and their associated importance levels and how would it impact the valuation.

Thank you

Last edited:
Can you please elaborate on this point. What are these dozen variables and their associated importance levels and how would it impact the valuation.
Search for the long post I did a couple of years ago on pizza store valuation. Beyond that, hire someone to advise you.

Last edited:
Back