Continue to Site

I've got to quit reading PMQ!

Anonymous:
Gobpile,

Can you explain how you do your direct mail ? Do you saturate your zip code? What is ROI (Return on Investment)? How much does it cost you to do this???

Thanks! Your post made my day today šŸ˜ƒ

RobT
Our direct mail was set up to hit 15000 households in a month. It went out twice a month. Not just our zip code but all the surrounding towns. We were doing it through Smart Mail and it was costing us $540.00 a month. WORTH IT!!! Looking back I can see that when our direct mail stopped, our sales slid dramatically.

Iā€™ve talked to my Direct Mail people about a lower cost option and they stated that we could send out 15000 mailers over a 3 month period and it would be a lot cheaper.

One of my employees called me today and said he was at the store (I was at Staples copying flyers) and wanted to door hang - he had his nephew with him to help. So today, we had Bill, me, my daughter Deanna, and my employee and his nephew door hanging. We hit two of the smaller towns and parts of Benton - mainly hitting all the apartments. I did have a Benton Police Officer who was cruising the neighborhood I was tagging stop me and ask if he could have a flyer to hang in the police station - I also gave him a magnet.

We door tagged 400 more places today. We no sooner got to the store when the phone was ringing and it was an order from a place we had just tagged.

As far as the bankruptcy issue - Bill already called our lawyer to talk to him. I would like to forego bankruptcy as long as possible. I, too, was a legal assistant for 20 years before getting into the pizza biz. I havenā€™t worked with bankruptcy for years, so I donā€™t know how the law has changed. I was thinking that if we had too, that Chapter 11 would be the way to go - it is also a re-organization. We are a Class C Corporation.

I DO HAVE A GREAT CREW!!! If we did sell the business, I would demand that the new owner keep them. They donā€™t get any better.

Many, Many thanks to all of you for being my shoulder to cry on, my support and my ā€œbe realisticā€ people. I just wish that I had known about PMQ on September 1 of last year!!!

Last edited:
60.png
heather:
Iā€™m glad youā€™re finding the strength to stick it out. This is not an easy business, I think quite a few of us have been in your shoes.

Have you considered selling gluten-free pizza? This literally saved our business 2 years ago. We have people coming to our place from 50+ miles away, and bringing their family with them! I can almost guarantee you that there isnā€™t another pizza shop within 100 miles of you with this. 1 in 139 people has celiac disease and canā€™t get pizza anywhere!

Other thing to consider is bankruptcy. I know, nobody wants to do that, but you should at least talk to a lawyer about it. If everyone is willing to help you as you described, and you wiped out all of your debt, you would have that truly fresh start that you need. Iā€™m no expert on the subject, but at least go for a free consult.
Our pizza is gluten-free - always has been. I didnā€™t know that we needed to advertise that. See . . . always learning something new from PMQ!! (Hey PMQ ought to use that as their moniker) lol.

Last edited:
Your pizza isnā€™t gluten free.

Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye, barley, etc. Most pizzerias use high-gluten flour to make their dough-gluten allows the ā€œstrechability.ā€

To make a gluten-free crust you have to use ā€œweirdā€ flours-tapioca, rice, etc. Itā€™s a completely different flavor, and the dough rolls similarly to a pie crust.

You have to make absolutely sure that this pizza doesnā€™t come in contact with wheat flour-made in a different area, ā€œcleanā€ toppings not from the regular makeline, clean cutters, clean trays.

It can be a big hassle when youā€™re slammed, but definitely worth it!

Gobs,

If youā€™d like, send me your budget and Iā€™ll come up with an advertising campaign for you tomorrow or the next day. Let me know of any current events you might be having in your town and also a little background info about the tourists and what affects the tourism market there (in other words, why do they come to your town and where do they stay?) Also, do you offer delivery service as well? I admire you two and what youā€™re doing. -J_r0kk

[email protected]

Last edited:
Gobs

I have followed your efforts for sometime, but first time chiming in. Great to hear the support you are getting, hang in there sounds like it should pay off.

j_r0kk - Just wanted to say you are a great asset to this community. Thanks for all you do.

60.png
gobpile:
Our direct mail was set up to hit 15000 households in a month. It went out twice a month. Not just our zip code but all the surrounding towns. We were doing it through Smart Mail and it was costing us $540.00 a month. WORTH IT!!! Looking back I can see that when our direct mail stopped, our sales slid dramatically.
15000 households for $540? Iā€™ve been looking for an affordable Direct Mail campaign for my store, you think you can give me their name or website?

Thanks.

Davey,

Davidoā€™s Pizza.

Davey:
60.png
gobpile:
15000 households for $540? Iā€™ve been looking for an affordable Direct Mail campaign for my store, you think you can give me their name or website?

Thanks.

Davey,

Davidoā€™s Pizza.
Mail South Inc. is who we used. - Laura

Last edited:
Back