Continue to Site

Just a little something to PI$$ me off

Our marketing dollars must meet one of two objectives:
  1. We will target and track individual customers. If I make an offer to a customer, I must know who they are, where they live, and when they purchase from us. Reward cards and non-transferable discounts are okay. Door hangers are not.
  2. They must improve our image in the community. I am not sure these handouts to schools do anything to improve image. I would rather adopt a park or street for keeping clean or selling pizzas at a fundraiser to benefit a local charity.

Last edited:
Interesting post there. I think the whole thing is short sighted. Just my opinion, and don’t even bother reading if you disagree, but…
Dewar's Pizza Bakery:
  1. We will target and track individual customers. If I make an offer to a customer, I must know who they are, where they live, and when they purchase from us. Reward cards and non-transferable discounts are okay. Door hangers are not.
OK first part is a no brainer. POS tracking can be done in seconds for free. Door hangers on the other hand are cheap, measurable, and effective. Convincing you is not my job though. I have 25 years of my own data to back me up there.
Dewar's Pizza Bakery:
  1. They must improve our image in the community. I am not sure these handouts to schools do anything to improve image. I would rather adopt a park or street for keeping clean or selling pizzas at a fundraiser to benefit a local charity.
Every hand out I have made has generated at least one more large order, and countless individual orders. I track them, again easy with a POS here people, just ask for the team roster. Adopt a park or street signs, on the other hand, are an eye sore. I, and many people I know, will avoid businesses that needlessly clutter the scenery with that junk. Now if they made the signs out of biodegradable material and laid them flat in the ditch I might change my mind. Opinions are great Dewar’s, but facts tend to beat the crap out of conjecture.

Last edited:
48.png
Pizzamancer:
Interesting post there. I think the whole thing is short sighted. Just my opinion, and don’t even bother reading if you disagree, but…
Dewar's Pizza Bakery:
OK first part is a no brainer. POS tracking can be done in seconds for free. Door hangers on the other hand are cheap, measurable, and effective. Convincing you is not my job though. I have 25 years of my own data to back me up there.
Dewar's Pizza Bakery:
  1. They must improve our image in the community. I am not sure these handouts to schools do anything to improve image. I would rather adopt a park or street for keeping clean or selling pizzas at a fundraiser to benefit a local charity.
Every hand out I have made has generated at least one more large order, and countless individual orders. I track them, again easy with a POS here people, just ask for the team roster. Adopt a park or street signs, on the other hand, are an eye sore. I, and many people I know, will avoid businesses that needlessly clutter the scenery with that junk. Now if they made the signs out of biodegradable material and laid them flat in the ditch I might change my mind. Opinions are great Dewar’s, but facts tend to beat the crap out of conjecture.
A fine example of how to read the worst into someone’s post and respond with unnecessary hostility.

What prompted this, Pizzamancer? Just having a bad day or do you have a problem with me?

Last edited:
Hmmm. I am actually a fan Dewar’s. Most of your advice is right on, but after reading that post again, I still think it is the worst most inaccurate information I have ever seen you give. Nothing personal there.

Am I the only one here who though it was bad advice?

Last edited:
48.png
Pizzamancer:
Hmmm. I am actually a fan Dewar’s. Most of your advice is right on, but after reading that post again, I still think it is the worst most inaccurate information I have ever seen you give. Nothing personal there.

Am I the only one here who though it was bad advice?
Sometimes it is not what you say but how you say it. You post was just very hostile.

I never said I would have signs put up, BTW. I am simply talking about doing good deeds in the community by keeping streets or parks clean in our area. We would wear shirts with our logos on it, of course. Is your objection the signs you inaccurately assumed I was going to put up or the idea of cleaning up the community near our stores?

Last edited:
Back