Continue to Site

Labor averages

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
Anonymous:
DFW,

You pay someone 500 bucks a week which is less than 30k to represent your establishment and safe keep your assets while you are away?

How can anyone with any kind of education, experience or background take a MANAGER position for 500 bucks a week? Thats 10 bucks an hour or LESS. Around here, people with no education or experience can make 9 per hour at In and Out burger and you are paying your TOP employee a few bucks over average wages to control your store and you trust they are motivated and inclined to treat customers with enthusiasm and not allow theft and loss?

I dont get it…congrats on underpaying the TOP person in your organization, I can tell you that over time if you fail to pay every employee, but especially the general manager a wage in which they can live and provide for themselves and their family, you will have high turnover and plenty of headache.

JMHO of course. To me a GM should be ABLE to make 50k plus a year in a high volume store. Check out places like McD’s, BK, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell…after bonuses those GMs can make a decent living and the quality of the managment staff reflects that.

Pay someone 1.50 over your average employee and you will get another employee (average meaning 10 bucks an hour)
Actually, it is $12.50 an hour. My Manager works the standard 40 hours a week.

Around here, people do not get $9 to work in a fast food place. I assume you are from Cali, the wage structure in Texas is much, much lower. People at Whataburger make $6 tops. My dishwashers, front help, and cooks all make les than $7.50. Only one is fortunate enough to get that $7.50.

And by the way, I am the TOP person in my organization. If there was a GM, it would be me.

Back