Lincoln Impinger finger placement

No, a closed panel has the airflow to the panel blocked off while a radiant panel has the air flowing to the panel but since there are no holes in it the panel just gets hot and radiates heat onto the pizza much like a toaster.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
Steve;
If you Google (what do the fingers in a Lincoln air impingement oven look like?) there will be a page showing a number of the finger inserts (but they literally have enough different configurations to fill a pick up bed…I know this for a fact as we had them all for our research at AIB, and you can probably make a safe bet on the fact that they’ve added a few more since my retirement.
Tom, I couldn’t find many options doing a quick search earlier. I’m due to take the ovens apart next week and clean them, if I don’t find a picture in the mean time, I’ll get to that actual finger that is in the oven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Steve;
If you think of it at the time, take a picture of the outer sleeve/cover as well as the insert (looks something like a perforated piece of metal/screen) maybe we can sort it out.

Last edited:
No, a closed panel has the airflow to the panel blocked off while a radiant panel has the air flowing to the panel but since there are no holes in it the panel just gets hot and radiates heat onto the pizza much like a toaster.
Do all companies have the “radiant” option? I never was told by Edge that was an option when doing demo.
I like the concept versus just blocking them off or even the 1/4 used to finish color.

Last edited:
Yes, to the best of my knowledge.
They are generally not a popular option as you don’t get much drying of the top of the pizza with a radiant panel. A partially open panel provides heat for cooking/baking as well as some airflow for continued drying of the top of the pizza. Where the radiant panels come into their own is when we begin using the ovens for making fish dishes (think Red Lobster) where the last thing we want to do is to dry out the fish. They are also used extensively when baking typical bakery products where the airflow would almost instantly put a dry skin/crust on the product resulting in the product bursting during baking. This is one reason why our bread sticks show signs of bursting when baked in an air impingement oven that is profiled for baking pizzas.

Last edited:
Steve;
If you think of it at the time, take a picture of the outer sleeve/cover as well as the insert (looks something like a perforated piece of metal/screen) maybe we can sort it out.
Haven’t gotten to those ovens yet Tom. Didn’t forget about you. Thanks again for all your help through my emails lately!

Last edited:
Steve;
4a67fa39558fffadf3d04e6c13ada4ba.jpg

Pre-Cleaning, but here it is.

The inner panel is the “true” finger configuration (the one on the left). It is blocking a lot of the airflow to the top of the pizza for a more gentle application of heat. As good as a radiant panel but with airflow to help with removing water from the top of the pizza. This is the type of panel that is commonly used at the exit end of the oven to control cheese color (prevent burning) while still providing some bake and moisture reduction.
Tom Lehmann/ The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
Yes, to the best of my knowledge.
They are generally not a popular option as you don’t get much drying of the top of the pizza with a radiant panel. A partially open panel provides heat for cooking/baking as well as some airflow for continued drying of the top of the pizza. Where the radiant panels come into their own is when we begin using the ovens for making fish dishes (think Red Lobster) where the last thing we want to do is to dry out the fish. They are also used extensively when baking typical bakery products where the airflow would almost instantly put a dry skin/crust on the product resulting in the product bursting during baking. This is one reason why our bread sticks show signs of bursting when baked in an air impingement oven that is profiled for baking pizzas.
I found out a couple of days ago that Edge doesn’t have a specific radiant panel. They just use the fully closed panels they have. They told me some other companies used a closed version with another material to provide the “radiant” cook. I think it would be great to retain a little moisture on the pizza, not a lot. Maybe benefit in the final product taste as well?

Last edited:
Wondering if you can help me with my Lincoln 1450 Gas model Oven. I’ve tried absolutely everything and I can’t get it to cook properly on the top. I’m not sure which finger goes where or which way the baffle should be pointing. I called Lincoln and they were not much help at all. I have 3 fingers with all metal columnating plates 2 with Metal mesh screens 1 With a partially closed metal mesh screen and 2 that are empty with no columnsting panels or fingers inside just the holes on the outside

Back