Continue to Site

Mail Shark

If you dont have the time and a local mailhouse to assist you then mail shark is an option.

I print my own stuff either with a local printer or gotprint.com and then I use my friends business to do saturation or we do a database mailing or we do a combo where we merge the lists and purge the duplicates so I only hit NON Customers.

A steady diet is way better than a huge drop always. Depending on store I do 1000 to 4000 pieces a week for 3 solid weeks of saturation. Then week 4 I hit the inactives in my DB with an deal. Then I take a week off. Then I start again. Over about 4 months I hit my entire delivery area. 2 times per year I do the Merge/Purge and hit non customers with a smoking deal. Then back to the diet!

Mail shark offers a solution for those of you who dont have the time. They can mix up the pieces and work a great 10 week program. If I did not have my program I would use them especially for the low entry $ to get started. Sure my way is cheaper in the long run but I have more time and money right now than some.

Last edited:
perfect pizzas:
I am not an expert on mailing, but there are a few points to consider before you head off on your carribean vacation. First of all, The mail shark menu is an 11x17 tri fold with perfs. You are not going to get those printed for 5 cents each. Secondly, mailshark includes the artwork in their price. Also, mailshark provides you with excellent data so you can choose your carrier routes wisely. You can exclude vacation homes, businesses, and apartments to zero in on just the people you want to hit. Finally, the best part of the mailshark program is it goes out every week, even when you are on vacation skiing, as I am this week. When it’s all said and done can you save a few bucks? Maybe. The real question is which way will give you the best return on your investment?
First I would like to point out that I have used Mail Sharks. Josh and the company are great people to deal with and they run a great business. I have been doing mailings for my shops for over 10 years now, so I’m talking from my own experiences. I have seen no difference in the return rates from when I have used 11x17 tri-fold vs. 8.5 x 11 flat menus. When I do the EDDM mailing with the 8.5 x 11 flat menus, they have more surface area and stick out more in the pile of mail than the 11x17 tri-fold menus.

I want to point out, that with advertising there is no one way fits all. You have to find out what works best for you, provides the greatest profit, increases your customer base, and fits your needs. I’ve been in business for a little over 12 years. Over the first 6 I wasted a lot of money on useless advertising. It took me that long, through trial and error, to finally figure out what works best for my businesses. Like I said, what works for my shops might not work for the next guy. For me, since I started doing my own EDDM mailings (about 6 months ago), I have almost doubled the response rates that I was getting with Mail Sharks and saved myself over $3000 in the process.

Also, why are you trying to talk me out of my Caribbean vacation (which I wish I was really going on)? I’m in Upstate, NY where it is 8 degrees with snow on the ground. I desperately need it! I’m tired of freezing everyday. 😃

Last edited:
48.png
Roger:
Also, why are you trying to talk me out of my Caribbean vacation (which I wish I was really going on)? I’m in Upstate, NY where it is 8 degrees with snow on the ground. I desperately need it! I’m tired of freezing everyday. 😃
Perfect Pizzas:
even when you are on vacation skiing, as I am this week
I must be doing something wrong. Am I the only one not on or planning a vacation?

Last edited:
Mailshark has been great! I’ve been running for about 10 weeks now almost through my menus and getting ready to start postcards. I’m very busy with my family and other business and being able to put direct mail on autopilot has been great. One less thing I have to deal with is priceless.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks a lot for all of the positive feedback. One thing to consider while analyzing your marketing strategy for 2012 is that Marketing is not a one size fits all approach. What works for one store in the same town may not work for a similar store in the exact same town.

Our goal as a company is to provide you with all the ammunition you need to be successful. While the vast majority of our customers love the full service approach, if that doesn’t work with what you are looking to accomplish we can certainly help you with the do it yourself EDDM program. We have made major strides since the New Year to help you accomplish your marketing needs. Here are just a few of the highlights:
  1. All new competitive pricing on print only jobs. Perfect for EDDM or just handouts. We are more than happy to do the EDDM paperwork for you and bundle them as well. Call us for any print job; you’ll love our new pricing!
  2. NEW PRODUCTS!
    a. JUMBO 8.5X10.5 POSTCARD! This thing is AWESOME! Huge impact in the mailbox.
    b. HI QUALITY GLOSSY DOORHANGERS! 4.5X11 Full color 2 sided extremely competitive pricing.
    c. High Quality Gloss BOX TOPPERS!
These new products in addition to our existing line up of Menus, Magnets, Postcards and Scratch Offs, New Movers, and Online Ordering give any pizza shop plenty of weapons to dominate their local market.

The bottom line is, we want to do business with you, and we want to make it easy for you. As a company we strive to provide you with the best customer service and do whatever it takes to get the job done. We look forward to discussing with all of you how we can make your marketing plan work best for you and your budget.

Thanks again for all of the positive feedback; we are dedicated to exceeding your expectations.

Josh Davis
Vice President Sales
Mail Shark
Web: www.TheMailShark.com
Direct: 484-948-1611
Cell: 494-269-3715
E: [email protected]

Last edited:
Back