Continue to Site

MARINARA sauce packet.

48.png
perna:
We buy our celery sticks pre-cut because it is a low impact product with a chance for labor savings.
Kinda on topic but you can tell when celery has been cut long before you get it. Granted it isnt a big deal, but are the labor savings worth the added cost of the pre-cut? Im not saying cut to order celery, but to make it worth it you would be ordering bulk celery which some ends up sitting for days.
We buy it 10# at a time, and yes; it sits for up to a week in its vaccum packaged bag. The real point that gets missed in this detail is that the original poster is looking for ways to optimize his labor and operation. He’s looked at his shop and wants to see if pre-packaged tomato suace for dipping is worth his time and money to persue.

We all gotta make these decisions at some point or another. There are often ‘good’ choices and ‘bad’ choices in these situations. He’s looking to make the best choice on managing his sauce portioning program. My example was just that I made choices to manage the celery throw-in for my wings.

Presentation can help or hurt the product impression. I don’t know enough about pouches versus cups to make any sort of recommendation about which would be better perceived.

Last edited:
Back