Continue to Site

Michigan: What are your thoughts

daisy1

I know this subject is very tabo & controversial. Just wanting to make the general public aware if they don't know. This will devast many many businesses come Feb 2025. So please NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS & PLEASE continue to support small businesses as more than likely prices will skyrocket. Also for those who are not aware of how somethings work in the business world. When an employer withholds Social Security & Medicare taxes from an employee as a business we have to match that $$ amount. So when we withhold say a total of $800 from employees, not only are we giving the IRS that $800, we as a business also have to give the IRS an additional $800. So payroll taxes are going to increase significantly. Again PLEASE NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241002-065317_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241002-065317_Chrome.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 14
don't take it as a negative comment, but in my state we have been paying more pre-covid than what you will be paying in 2029

understood but we get $11.95 for 12" cheese & $15.95 for a 16"

always wonder how states with less labor cost are priced higher...

It’s the cycle. As a business owner in California where wages are high, the cycle goes minimum wage goes up, everyone is happy. Prices go up everyone starts to complain.

Rinse and repeat.

You can hardly get a burger for less than $20 these days. People still pay, we’re addicted to food 🤫

The min wage is the least of the issue. Under this law, any employee can disappear for up to 3 days without notice and then claim that they were "sick". If we ask for a doctor's note, we have to pay for the doctor's appointment.

The min wage is the least of the issue. Under this law, any employee can disappear for up to 3 days without notice and then claim that they were "sick". If we ask for a doctor's note, we have to pay for the doctor's appointment.
Where did you read that about having to pay for the Dr note?? If I have an employee disappear on me for 3 days without any contact I'm sorry they are no longer employeed. There has to be legit reason with proof. I did see somewhere in this article that employees get something to the effect of 72 hrs sick pay annually. I'm sorry this is just going to destroy alot if businesses. I'm already in the process of listing to sell as I'm getting out.

Last edited:
Back