Continue to Site

Need Your Opinions/Advice

48.png
Kris:
I WOULD NEVER LEAVE ONE EMPLOYEE IN THE STORE ALONE during business hours…for more reasons than I have time to list.
Do you deliver? If you do, then you always have 3 people on the clock from open to close?

Last edited:
Yes. We deliver and have dine in and carry out. We have a shift leader come in at 7 and does prep with hubby. A cook and manager come in at nine and a wait and driver come in at 10 and then another driver and host comes in at 11.

At 2 we cut it back to a manager wait and driver.

I can just see the phone ringing for a delivery while a pizza for carry out is in the oven and the ONE employee stuck in the dining room answering questions and taking order. Phone rings employee says hang on gotta get the phone. Not good customer service. If I am going to service my customers gotta have people there to serve them. There comes a point when cutting labor is more harm than good…instead focus on increasing sales to cover their wage.

Roger congrats on the journey to financial freedom…you must listsen to dave ramsey. LOL

Kris

Last edited:
48.png
Kris:
Roger congrats on the journey to financial freedom…you must listsen to dave ramsey. LOL

Kris
Thanks Kris and you are correct. I got Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University program and it has really changed my life for the better. If I’m not mistaken, I believe it was a post that you made here a while back that made me aware of him. I read your post and then that very night I was flipping through the channel guide on my television and seen “The Dave Ramsey Show”. Because you were talking about him earlier that day, I turned on his show to see what he was all about. So if my memory is correct and it was you that wrote about him, I owe you a big thank you!

Last edited:
kris,

with a manager and a driver in the store, how do you always keep 2 people in the store? The driver doesn’t take deliveries?

Last edited:
the waitress and manager are there while the driver is out.

Roger…I completely admire the whole delivery thing now…sometimes these posts are hard to figure out the whole picture…I see why you would be delivering “for a season”! Did you know you can listen to him online anytime? I listen while doing my paperwork…it inspires me to keep trucking.

Lookin forward to hearing ya do a debt free scream!

Kris

Last edited:
I’ve listened and actually have one of Dave Ramseys book. I hear him talking about getting out of debt by saying “beans and mashed potatoes, mashed potatoes and beans”, “gazelle” intensisty and people should never file bankruptcy. He has said to get 2, 3, 4, part time jobs if thats what it takes “gazelle intensisty”. I agree with doing what you have to do but at what cost? Dave Ramsey himself, declared bankgruptcy years ago. He couldn’t do what he is telling his callers to do. I know people that have been in soooooooooooo deep that they did what dave did- went bankrupt.

With that being said, he preaches a common sense approach to financess that is good.

pt

Last edited:
He never says NEVER. But a lot of people file bankrupcy before they are really bankrupt. The act of filing bankrupcy does not fix the problem. Most people find themselves in the same position within 10 years. He is adament about taking care of family first. He wouldn’t recommend the majority to get 2,3,4 jobs. He preaches telling your money where it is going. Spending every dollar at the begining…with a plan.

His rice and beans and beans and rice philosophy is just a minor detail.

He did in fact file bankruptcy after being a real estate millionaire who borrowed more than he could repay…which is what bankruptcy is. His wisdom is what we call fools tax here. He has since repaid all his creditors back for HIS own purpose.

Very wise man…common sense approach.

Not sure if we can post links but if ya want to meet him check him out at www.daveramsey.com

Last edited:
He tells ALL his callers that bankruptcy is not an option. He promotes both parents working for years while the kids are with grandparents “Gazelle Intensity”. He didn’t do what he preaches and now is a millionaire from telling others to do what he wasn’t cappable of doing himself.

pt

Last edited:
Its the same as Steve Arterburn from new life live on the radio. He wrote all those boundrie books and marriage books??? Well, he’s on his 3rd marriage. Same circles of people that don’t practice what they preach to Christians.

PS I am a Christian so I am qualified to make that statement

pt

Last edited:
Clearly you have not listened to him in for more than a couple of minutes. He does not teach what you are saying.

Last edited:
Back