Continue to Site

Nemco slicer

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

ran out of canned bell peppers yesterday and sliced some fresh onesā€¦
šŸ˜ƒ what a better differenceā€¦got to get me one of thos Nemco slicer like Nick just got to do the fresh ones,
Otis

Canned bell peppers? I have never even seen themā€¦ donā€™t want to. You are right, fresh is a LOT better.

We hand slice bell peppers, onions and tomatos. It works fine. Pepper and onions donā€™t take much time. We go through maybe 50 lbs of romas a week when we are slow and 100 lbs in the busy season. Somebody is slicing tomatos pretty much every day.

Last edited:
60.png
bodegahwy:
Canned bell peppers? I have never even seen themā€¦ donā€™t want to. You are right, fresh is a LOT better.

We hand slice bell peppers, onions and tomatos. It works fine. Pepper and onions donā€™t take much time. We go through maybe 50 lbs of romas a week when we are slow and 100 lbs in the busy season. Somebody is slicing tomatos pretty much every day.
Iā€™ve heard from users that the Nemco slicer is really niceā€¦unless you have unutilzed labor around that can use a knifeā€¦I cannot stock enough bandaid for that,
Otis

I donā€™t slice deli meats. If we did, though, Iā€™d get the motorized slicer and pay the huge difference in insurance rates šŸ˜¦ (worker comp sees slicers as primary cause of fingers getting sliced open and cut off . . . go figure)

Last edited:
my planetary mixer has a #8 hub instead of the #12 and the slicer does not fit the #8ā€¦otherwise, that sounds like a good way to go,
Otis

We slice / dice everthing through our food processor (similar to Robot Coupe) - sliced tomato, mushrooms; diced onions and capsicums; shredded cheese, seafood mix.

We used to buy pepperoni instcks and then slice them as well but for 50c a kilo extra we get it alread sliced - saves heaps of time and labour cost for the same product.

Just put a diffrent cutting blade in for each requirement. Quick, easy and consistent, and no missing fingers. Easy to clean also.

We have two and wouldnā€™t swap them for anything.

Dave

Last edited:
we use a deli slicer as well it seems we get such a fresh product when we slice and dice daily

I bought a Nemco Easy Slicer and a Nemco Easy Tomato Slicer, about two weeks ago.

I love them. Total investment was about $400.00 but well worth it for the speed and consistency I needed. We can now do a days worth of vegetable prep that used to take about and hour in 15 minutes. That is time for other stuff to get done.

I wish I would have bought these when we first opened.

Last edited:
48.png
NicksPizza:
(worker comp sees slicers as primary cause of fingers getting sliced open and cut off . . . go figure)
nick, correct me if I am wrong but workers comp in GA is based off your payroll, not your equipment. I have a mechanical slicer and my workers comp could care less, just what I pay in payroll

Last edited:
Our conversations with WorkComp agents informed us that the base risk group is determined by the TYPE of establishment that you are. A pizzeria is a different class than a deli or a high steel construction company. Part of their questions to establish our group involved asking what equipment we used . . . and if we specifically had an electric slicer. If we had one, they would have listed us as a deli, with higher baseline rates. That agent was a bit unusual anyway . . . and we are now with a whole new agent listing us as a . . . . pizzeria . . . and much happier.

Our liability agent at one time asked us about the equipment we used as well.

Last edited:
I like the Nemco because it is not electrical.
Also, I want to dice cheese from loaves so I may have to go electric.

Can anyone recommend a machine ?
I do not use a planetary mixer so I cannot go attachments w/o buying a planetary mixer.

Otis

Otis Gunn:
I like the Nemco because it is not electrical.
Also, I want to dice cheese from loaves so I may have to go electric.

Can anyone recommend a machine ?
I do not use a planetary mixer so I cannot go attachments w/o buying a planetary mixer.

Otis
Actually, Hobart and others make units that take the heads, that only power those devices, no mixer, etc.

Last edited:
ā€œActually, Hobart and others make units that take the heads, that only power those devices, no mixer, etc.ā€ snowman

I am familiar with them and that may be the way I goā€¦space is a high priority with the trailer.
Otis

Back