Continue to Site

Oven Baked Mozzarella Sticks

Steve

We aren’t happy with the Mozzarella Sticks we get from our distributor. We oven bake everything and I’m trying to come up with some kind ovenable Mozzarella stick option. Maybe a wedge, maybe a stick, maybe a big round circle stuffed with Provolone that tastes like a Mozzarella stick. If you have anything that works please pass it along to me if you don’t mind sharing. If not, I understand.

Thanks,

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We aren’t happy with the Mozzarella Sticks we get from our distributor. We oven bake everything and I’m trying to come up with some kind ovenable Mozzarella stick option. Maybe a wedge, maybe a stick, maybe a big round circle stuffed with Provolone that tastes like a Mozzarella stick. If you have anything that works please pass it along to me if you don’t mind sharing. If not, I understand.

Thanks,

Steve

Deep fryer.

Last edited:
Yes. Why do you seem so shocked…?

Every pizza shop I have worked in uses deep fryers. Sometimes I oven bake our mozzarella sticks but they aren’t the same, when you deep fry the same brand they come out great. Oven baking just doesn’t do it.

Last edited:
Every pizza shop I have worked in uses deep fryers. Sometimes I oven bake our mozzarella sticks but they aren’t the same, when you deep fry the same brand they come out great. Oven baking just doesn’t do it.

For the amount of items that could be deep fried that we carry, fryers wouldn’t be worth it for us.

Last edited:
For the amount of items that could be deep fried that we carry, fryers wouldn’t be worth it for us.

Fair.
Code:
  I'm sure there are homemade recipes online you can try. Although, they may be as tedious as cutting chicken breast, pounding them, and breading them with egg batter for chicken cutlets.

Last edited:
There is a huge opportunity to expand your menu if you add a deep fryer. Problem is you need a hood system for them which is costly. Although I believe there are ventless fryers on the market available to avoid this .

I’d have to say that the fryer has to do with probably 20% of my business.

Wings are not really profitable for me but I have to have them.
There’s a huge difference in taste from oven baked stuff and fryer stuff

Last edited:
No fryer here either. (Glad we don’t have one to mess with!) We buy an “ovenable” mozz stick from sysco. Comes out pretty good. Not our most popular app though.

Last edited:
No fryer here either. (Glad we don’t have one to mess with!) We buy an “ovenable” mozz stick from sysco. Comes out pretty good. Not our most popular app though.
Do you know the brand? I’ll see if my distributor can get a sample

Last edited:
Off hand no. I will try to remember to look when I am in the store. I know we found them by asking for an ovenable product.
Thanks I appreciate it. I cant remember mine off hand either

Last edited:
Ive never heard of oven baked mozz stix, however it doesnt mean they cant be done, I have a vague recollection of someone on the think tank saying they do it, but I cant remember who.
I have two fryers and they are half my sales, Its not all gravy though. They make your store smell no matter how good your vents are, constantly cleaning oil splatters off everything is a pain.

Last edited:
Just checked on Reinhart.
Anchor makes an ‘bakeable’ mozzarella stick
Now that you mentioned Anchor, that’s who we use. They’re good right out of the oven but delivery? Forget about it. Heck even pick ups they don’t last long. Thanks for doing some research though!

Last edited:
I make my own. I slice Grande’ whole milk about 1/2" thick X 1/2" X 4" Roll them in our pizza dough brush them with water and sprinkle with Italian seasonings and run through your oven, brush with garlic butter and Parmesan cheese, back in for a minute and presto Mozzilla sticks. They travel well and we sell 80# a week. Guests love them. Best thing about them, there home made and we market the heck out of that. Were the only ones in the area that does this and it makes us different than the competition. Because if you do what everyone else does you’ll have what everyone else has and I want more.

Last edited:
I make my own. I slice Grande’ whole milk about 1/2" thick X 1/2" X 4" Roll them in our pizza dough brush them with water and sprinkle with Italian seasonings and run through your oven, brush with garlic butter and Parmesan cheese, back in for a minute and presto Mozzilla sticks. They travel well and we sell 80# a week. Guests love them. Best thing about them, there home made and we market the heck out of that. Were the only ones in the area that does this and it makes us different than the competition. Because if you do what everyone else does you’ll have what everyone else has and I want more.
Are you cooking in a conveyor or a deck oven?

Last edited:
Back