Continue to Site

POS System

dewar:
REDBARNPIZZA:
I use pos pizza,
http://pospizza.net/
very rarely have any trouble and fixed VERY FAST
I got in dirt cheap loaded up the program on a computer and bought a touchscreen on ebay (125.00)
please I am looking for some feed back please tell me what the $10,000 system does that mine doesnt I am just curious
I just downloaded the demo and I will tell you that the interface is not anywhere as intuitive as the expensive systems I have checked out: Revention, Intura, Speedline. I did nto even check all out all features because of that. But the price is hard to beat, I’ll give you that.

If anyone wants to go very, very inexpensive, FreePOS might suit you. Better than no POS at all. They will be rolling out a more sophisticated pizza module in March.

We are a few weeks away from making a firm decision. It is definitely hard to swallow the 15K-20K for a full-blown highend system. So far we have looked at:
FreePOS, DiamondTouch, Revention, Intura, Speedline, and Point of Success.
i am in the same boat as you… what do you think youwill go with?

Last edited:
60.png
TangoPizza:
dewar:
We are a few weeks away from making a firm decision. It is definitely hard to swallow the 15K-20K for a full-blown highend system. So far we have looked at:
FreePOS, DiamondTouch, Revention, Intura, Speedline, and Point of Success.
i am in the same boat as you… what do you think youwill go with?
Not sure yet. We are learning towards Point of Success with CostGuard for inventory. I have an advanced IT background and don’t need nor want to pay for “professional installation”. I just need good solid software and support. Most of the high end companies have a mandatory installation and training charge. We just don’t need it. Although I will probably miss some interesting features from whatever POS system we don’t go with, Point of Success seems to have the basics of what we need.

Unless I can find something compelling from the others that I cannot live without, I don’t see paying that much more. We have plenty of startup costs already.

Last edited:
entering menu was a piece of cake. I set down a teenage worker during non busy hours and told them exactly what to input.
now I dont know much about Point of sale, but I will tell you I have yet to hear a negitive comment about them.
ps. you can change the interface to add your own graphics on pos pizza…PLUS may be working to incorprate online ordering…will keep that updated

Last edited:
I’ve had my pizza shop for 4.5 years now. When we opened the doors we went with http://www.pospizza.net The system was extremely cheap compared to the other systems we looked at and it runs on computers with very limited resources. You can probably find a school auction and pick up a few pcs really cheap. After a couple of year we were forced to upgrade to a different system because we added a dining room and a bar, and at the time POS Pizza did not support dine-in very well. They have since created a dine-in module, but I have no experience with it. Scott (not me) at Summit does a really good job of creating a product that is simple to setup and use. The interface for me was very simple.

Our second system we used was http://www.amigopos.com This system was also very easy to setup and it supported both dine-in and the bar as well as delivery. It was a solid ORDER taking system. It wasn’t created specifically for pizza though, so a lot of the marketing functions were lacking. It does however have an OPEN database, that you can load in Microsoft Access and create your own reports etc, but it was just too much work for us. It didn’t have a lot of the BOH reports and scheduling features etc that make the DATA in your POS useful.

Our third system is http://www.fireflypos.com Which I absolutely love. I can access the system from almost any pc. The reports in the back of the house are USEFUL. The database mining is extremely specific so I can run reports even down to the items ordered. So if this summer if I roll out a new salad, I can run a report to see who has previously ordered a salad from me and do a mailer just to those people. We just got an update to the system this week which has even more features that I love. It now lets the employees put in their schedule requests in the system which I can approve or deny and they get internal messages. It has an online ordering interface which goes right into your pc. No middle men to pay, just setup your website to send the orders to your system etc… no ongoing costs or monthly contracts to upkeep your online ordering system. The only thing this system doesn’t have yet that I want is an internal gift card module. It supports gift cards via two third party companies, but I refuse to pay transaction fees etc on my gift cards.

I know of one operator who tried my system and it didn’t work out for him though. Several operators here use the Point of Success system which I personally didn’t find all that nice when I tested it. I know of a few operators who use the Foodtec system which I did do a demo of and was impressed with. Revention has made a splash on the scene and a few of the Think Tank contributors have moved to that system. I tested that system and it was okay, but ultimately I was happier with the system from Firefly. The most important thing is to test out all the different systems, and to not make a quick decision. Ask a lot of questions, take nothing for granted, take notes. Find out what kind of development schedule they are on. How customer suggestions are handled. How support works. How hardware repairs are handled, etc… Remember, most of the time you are not buying software, you are buying a SYSTEM. Which includes hardware, software, and support. Pay attention to all three elements.

Last edited:
Thank you… i will take my time on this and get demos to see what is the best thing for me to do .

thanx

Last edited:
Back