Continue to Site

Price you are paying for cheese this week

You gotta be careful with Sam’s though. I know a guy that thought he was getting a deal at Sam’s, but it burnt quick and bad in his oven, he couldn’t end up using it because it was such a low grade of cheese. Anyone else use Sam’s cheese?

Last edited:
$3.31 Grande whole milk diced. went up another $.10 last week.

WHY IS ANYONE STILL THINKING ABOUT OPENING UP A PIZZA SHOP RIGHT NOW!!!

Last edited:
Just got a notice with our delivery about an hour ago that cheese is going up again on 17th December by $21.00 per 20kg block - roughly 45c per pound increase.

This means since early October our price has gone from $96 per 20kg block to $177.75 by December 17th … a whopping 85% increase in 3 months.

Looks like we will be adding surcharge to pizzas to cover the costs. Only recently did a price increase and new menu. We tried to forward estimate increase in the new prices but had 2 cheese increases (39%) during and immediately after the print process which blew out the reserves we built in.

And the farmers will get how much of this increase ???

Dave

Last edited:
Dave, is there another supplier that you can compare with?
Thats too much of a drastic increase.

Last edited:
the Sam’s cheese in my local is made by Leprino - but ya gotta get it thru the pizza place there…20# frozen shred as I recall…been several yrs since I used it in a pinch, but the price was right…

Last edited:
Question: If you buy cheese from Sam’s deli, will your pizza taste like their fine pies? 😉

On a more serious note, I use Stella provolone that I get from my supplier. It’s actually a pretty decent product. Pretty good price to quality for provolone. Paid about $2.50/lb for the provolone.

Last edited:
paul7979, if your supplier has inventory at that price, I would fill the walk-in with the next 6 weeks worth. The Chicago block price has been $2.20 for the last few days meaning that your price almost certainly has to go up significantly.

Last edited:
60.png
RobT:
Dave, is there another supplier that you can compare with?
Thats too much of a drastic increase.
Rob

That’s the market situation in Australia at the moment. Result of the worst drought in history right across the country, huge demand for dairy products in Asia (our biggest trading partners), not enough dairy farmers to produce enough milk thanks to being screwed by the manufacturers over the years forcing them off their farms. We have the lowest ever recorded milk output ever and still the farmers are being screwed by the greedy multi-national dairy manufacturers.

All the suppliers are around the same price point. We don’t have the competition as you do due to smaller markets, so we don’t have the number of suppliers to beat down the price.

Retail price cheese has jumped from $7.49kg to $11.99kg and will go up again when our price increases in December.

Dave

Last edited:
The problem I have is what should be the cost over block price.

Is there any info by brand as to what pricing should be…
I guess block vs shred would be a consideration

Last edited:
Back