Continue to Site

should we charge delivery?

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
48.png
j_r0kk:
[
wa dave,

Man, first of all, you need to tell your government to lower the prices of the gas. Geez! $5.50 a gallon? You’ve got to be kidding me. With all that sand around that country you can’t find a couple oil mines? I will definitely admit I’m not even close to an expert when it comes to running stores in other countries because, as you stated, it’s a whole different ballgame over there. Good luck -J_r0kk
J_r0kk

I’ll put my 2 cents worth in.

The gas prices overhere are aligned to the Singaporean market price for whatever reason no one but the government knows, but they always align the wholesale to the US$ barrel price. If you can work it out I’ll double my 2 cents to 5 (using their reasoning).

Just of the north west area of Western Australia we have some of the biggest offshore oil rigs around the place pumping out huge quantities of quality crude oil yet our wholesale price is aligned to the US$ barrel/ Singaporean prices.

We are bad off with petrol but spare a thought for deisel users where they pay around another $1(+) per gallon than unleaded petrol.

The goverments don’t care as there is an excise levy of about 35% which goes to the Federal government and a 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST) which also goes to the Federal government who then give it back to the state governments 100%. Neither are going to interfere with the cost of fuel as this is their own Golden Goose. Funny enough BPand Shell our two oil refiners have recorded record profits for the past few years. Wonder why.

The high cost of fuel has pushed up freight which has pushed up costs of goods and of course our rates of pay we give to the drivers for deliveries.

So as you see we NEED to charge for deliveries.

First of many lessons to come from the land of OZ.

Dave

Last edited:
We charge .75 per after years of FREE. I also went back & forth with the decision. DO IT!!! We kept it FREE from 11am-3pm like others in our area.About 2 months ago, after much back & forth I pulled the trigger and we now charge all the time. DO IT!!! We have an above average product and we’re reasonably priced, $8 for a 16 inch large that’s good. If your product is good, people will pay for it. I’ve had no decrease in deliveries as a result.

Last edited:
Back