Some More Shady Stuff

We got in early and they take roughly 19% but yea… we do about $18-20k/mo of Grub Hub orders. One Thai restaurant we order from at home uses their own online ordering platform but uses GrubHub drivers, not sure how that works, need to look into it. We are a small place but high volume and don’t have oven capacity/kitchen space to do the amount of takeout we could potentially do. The GH tablet is nice to be able to turn off when the restaurant is super busy with dine in customers…

Last edited:
By the time they take their cut there’s most likely nothing left for you. By looking at your name I’m guessing your in San Fran, they’re probably taking at least 30% - 35% for you to even be relevant on the site. You would almost be better of not even offering it. I know some people will argue that they will order from somewhere else but you have to look at it as 0% of a $30.00 order is the same as 0% of a $0.00 order. The only difference is that you’re not paying the 30-35% commission. Take a look at your numbers and really look into transitioning to your own online ordering platform and delivery drivers.
I thought i replied, not sure where it went… anyway, thanks for your reply! We got in early with GrubHub so they take 17-20% depending on if it’s a new client or whatnot. SF is so expensive that i can’t even imagine trying to manage our own drivers, it’s hard enough to get staff to get to work on time, etc and having to add 3 more employees on at $15.59/hr would be a nightmare.

Last edited:
SOB’s got me too. Thanks for the post. I wouldn’t have know about it if it weren’t for you. Good karma to you, sir.

Last edited:
I thought i replied, not sure where it went… anyway, thanks for your reply! We got in early with GrubHub so they take 17-20% depending on if it’s a new client or whatnot. SF is so expensive that i can’t even imagine trying to manage our own drivers, it’s hard enough to get staff to get to work on time, etc and having to add 3 more employees on at $15.59/hr would be a nightmare.
Last time I spoke with them they were phasing our those rates. If someone contacts you about improving your visibility and increasing your orders on their platform for a higher rate think twice about it because that’s how they get you out of the 17-20% and they will never let you get back down to it.

I was going to suggest offering a different wage rate to tipped employees but after looking at California’s minimum wage rules I found out that they don’t let you use a tip credit towards the minimum wage like the do in New York

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Did anyone get an email advertisement yesterday from PMQ magazine for Slice? I did!

Last edited:
Yup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got a call from Slice Life yesterday. The rep sent me information and said there is no charge to me to sign up for their services. The charge is on the customer side. Of course he made it sound so wonderful, what am I missing?

Last edited:
I got a call from Slice Life yesterday. The rep sent me information and said there is no charge to me to sign up for their services. The charge is on the customer side. Of course he made it sound so wonderful, what am I missing?
They must be doing there rounds because I got a call also.

According to Anastatia:

• []They place you on their site/app for FREE
    [
    ]They will build you a website for FREE
    []They will promote your restaurant for FREE
    [
    ]List you on the top of Google Search for FREE
    []Give you a loyalty program (If they notice someone hasn’t ordered in a while they will send them an outrageous discount. No charge for you) that’s FREE
    [
    ]They will give you a tablet for FREE
    []They will give you marketing for FREE

Once you are on their site the phone number they use will be different from yours. When someone calls your Slice phone number they will be encourage to order online or through the app. If they choose to continue by phone they will forward the call to your phone lines. If the customer chooses to place an order by calling THIS IS THE ONLY TRUE THING THAT IS FREE!

• [
  • ]An order placed through there app/site will cost you 12%
    []If you decide to place a link on you own website or anywhere else which will forward people to the Slice site it will only cost you 4%

These numbers were not negotiated. You might be able to get them down

• [
  • ]They will take over your online presence. Your Google business linking will have the Slice link to order online or see your menu
    []They will push your website out of the way on Google search
    [
    ]Any other site that has you listed on there with an order link will now become a Slice link
If you do not offer your own online ordering, don’t do your own marketing or do only very little, and don’t care about your online information being different, than Slice is one of the better options for third party online ordering platforms.

Last edited:
They must be doing there rounds because I got a call also.

According to Anastatia:

• []They place you on their site/app for FREE
    [
    ]They will build you a website for FREE
    []They will promote your restaurant for FREE
    [
    ]List you on the top of Google Search for FREE
    []Give you a loyalty program (If they notice someone hasn’t ordered in a while they will send them an outrageous discount. No charge for you) that’s FREE
    [
    ]They will give you a tablet for FREE
    []They will give you marketing for FREE

Once you are on their site the phone number they use will be different from yours. When someone calls your Slice phone number they will be encourage to order online or through the app. If they choose to continue by phone they will forward the call to your phone lines. If the customer chooses to place an order by calling THIS IS THE ONLY TRUE THING THAT IS FREE!

• [
  • ]An order placed through there app/site will cost you 12%
    []If you decide to place a link on you own website or anywhere else which will forward people to the Slice site it will only cost you 4%

These numbers were not negotiated. You might be able to get them down

• [
  • ]They will take over your online presence. Your Google business linking will have the Slice link to order online or see your menu
    []They will push your website out of the way on Google search
    [
    ]Any other site that has you listed on there with an order link will now become a Slice link
If you do not offer your own online ordering, don’t do your own marketing or do only very little, and don’t care about your online information being different, than Slice is one of the better options for third party online ordering platforms.
According to the guy I spoke to there is no cost to me “because I am in the Buffalo NY market” It won’t work with my POS so that’s the main reason I’m not even considering them.

Last edited:
Back