Continue to Site

spoon, spoodle or ladle.

robozig

We use a large serving/basting spoon to spread the sauce on our pizzas.

But I’ve been thinking about purchasing a ladle or a spoodle.

What, in your opinion is the best brand of these in terms of handle position, bowl size and ease of use?

Last edited:
robozig,

I’m an old Domino’s guy once upon a time, so I will highly recommend the 6 oz black handled spoodle with the trigger grip. You can use the same spoodle for 10", 12", 14" and 16" pies with one scoop. Once you’ve practiced your efficiency, you can apply sauce with 3 1/2 sweeps in about 3 seconds.

-J_r0kk

Last edited:
Be sure if you go with a spoodle to get one with a rounded bottom. A flat bottomed spoodle is pretty difficult to spead with.

Last edited:
60.png
j_r0kk:
robozig,

I’m an old Domino’s guy once upon a time, so I will highly recommend the 6 oz black handled spoodle with the trigger grip. You can use the same spoodle for 10", 12", 14" and 16" pies with one scoop. Once you’ve practiced your efficiency, you can apply sauce with 3 1/2 sweeps in about 3 seconds.

-J_r0kk
Ditto

Last edited:
We use the 8 oz trigger grip with rounded bottom, and cannot remember the days when we had a spoon . . . it’s like the neolithic period when dinosaurs roamed. We may yet go to a 6oz or 4oz for more precision, but the spoodle cannot be beat!

Last edited:
I like spoodles, however, any will work. Spoons take a while for me to get used to. Haveing to turn the pizza takes up more time for me, but one of my friends can sauce a pizza with a spoon as fast as I can with a spoodle.

russ

Last edited:
um, what is a spoodle? When I google, all I get is some kind of poodle dog. ARe you tell me you spread sauce with a DOG!?

Last edited:
48.png
canukfanlady:
um, what is a spoodle? When I google, all I get is some kind of poodle dog. ARe you tell me you spread sauce with a DOG!?
Yup, that’s right for Nick way down in West Georgia.

He dips the dogs tail in the sauce and then pats it on the head.

The sauce is spread in three swipes and about two seconds.

Dave

Last edited:
60.png
j_r0kk:
robozig,

-J_r0kk
ditto… and if you find it hard to use, its because you aren’t holding the bottom flat to the dough skin. I’ve used the same spoodle at dominos, cici’s and IMO’s in St. Louis

Last edited:
Last edited:
Spoodle all the way. I don’t know how anything else would be possible. Most of mine are like 20 years old and hold up just great but I did by a case a few years ago. The only ones I could fine had a pointed tip instead of the round style we have always used. Does anyone have a link on the old school round ones?

Last edited:
Back