Continue to Site

Stacking ovens...

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

Hello everyone!

Is it possible to stack a conveyor oven on top of a deck oven? Well, I should rephrase that question… it’s possible, but what do I need to do? What do I need to consider? A heat shield of some sort on top of the deck oven?

For frame of reference - the deck oven is a Montague and the conveyor is a Lincoln Impinger with a 32" belt.

We currently use just the conveyor but the other items on our menu (good sellers) often take up room on the belt that the pizzas need. I have cooked these items in a deck oven when I used to work at a pizzeria in high school/college and they cooked very well, hence the question here.

Thanks!
Steven

Hi Stevenmd:

We have stacked many deck ovens on conveyors.

Generally its best to put the conveyor on the bottom for better discharge height.

Are you using a single or double stack Lincoln?

As the support is from the vertical edge of the oven we recommend you place several strips of one inch angle iron, 1/4 in thick at least, from the front to back edges of the oven.

The heat is of no importance as the thermostat will compensate for any heat transfered.

George Mills

Last edited:
Thanks for the response George. So heat exchange is not an issue then, if I understand you correctly. However, I am now more curious…
  1. Would the weight of the deck oven be too much for the conveyor? Would it not make more sense to put the conveyor on top? I can build legs to accommodate any output height.
  2. I believe I can visualize what you are saying about the 1/4" strips but do you happen to have a picture I can use as a reference?
    Thanks!
    Steven

Hi steven;

Re: Stacking ovens…
Thanks for the response George. 1) Would the weight of the deck oven be too much for the conveyor? Would it not make more sense to put the conveyor on top? I can build legs to accommodate any output height.

Most deck ovens have a flue to discharge unburned gas. If you can stack the conveyor on the deck without blocking the flue it should work fine.
  1. I believe I can visualize what you are saying about the 1/4" strips but do you happen to have a picture I can use as a reference?
Give me your fax number and when i am back in the office Monday i will do a sketch for you.

You Can Email me at [email protected]

George mills

Last edited:
Back