Continue to Site

Starting delivery Monday

Kris,
I have my best staff on for the next 4 days, plus extra hands if needed. Are you thinking chaos will ensue?

Last edited:
Matt,

From reading your original post, it looks like you only have 1 driver - is that true?

If so, how will that work out on a busy Friday night?

Last edited:
I have 2 drivers ready for friday night, with myself as the 3rd if needed. My wife will be running the kitchen with staff.

Last edited:
I just remember when they did an article in the paper back when…and man I had no idea how we would be. Well I wish we had planned better. Live and learn.

Will it be chaotic,maybe, this is all new for you and your crew so you just never know. Keep an eye on times.

I think it is awesome you are already getting calls. Keep us posted!

Kris

Last edited:
Well today the deliveries were exactly the same as Tuesday. We had a few more of them that were not current customers, so that was a plus. The article came out today and was on the front page. Our cartopper also came. Overall business was on par with Tuesday, and almost double of a normal Wed for this time of year. Id love to her and thoughts or suggestions.
I will keep posting my week(s) if anyone is still interested.

Last edited:
Best wishes my friend.
As suggested, get ready for a busy weekend. You’re far better off paying little extra for one more driver, and having more peace of mind knowing your service will be good. Start it right, then keep it up.
Saad.

Last edited:
We are ready. Thanks for the heads up. Thursdays have been good days for us. Normally sales have been 750-850. I would love to see a 1000+. I will fill you in tonight!

Last edited:
60.png
mattbau43:
We are ready. Thanks for the heads up. Thursdays have been good days for us. Normally sales have been 750-850. I would love to see a 1000+. I will fill you in tonight!
Roll in the DOUGH Matt:)

Last edited:
Well today was another good one. We sent 12 or 13 deliveries, and the drivers made around 12/hr. It was decent from the delivery end. I was expecting a bit more, but people are still shocked that anyone delivers in the area. i have a feeling that the elivery aspect will drastically improve in another week or two.
As far as sales. We were at $1350, making it the best Thursday ever. It was well above a normal friday. I am amazed at this week, and not sure what to attribute it to. I launched a lot of new things this week so it’s tough to tell. I guess the bottom line is that sales are up almost 75% this week, as many other business are not doing so well, so I am very grateful and hopeful that it lasts more than one week.
I hope everyone’s week does well. Id love to send some of it your way. Ill post tomorrow.

Last edited:
That is awesome. It takes time to build up the delivery…which is actually a good thing because it gives you time to work the kinks and handle the new business.

BTW when we first started deliveries we had the same numbers…often wondered if it was worth it but now we do 300 to 350 a week. So stick with it. Those are alot of sales we wouldn’t have had otherwise.

Congrats to ya that is great results for the first week.

Are you box topping that you deliver? A simple box topper would work.

Kris

Last edited:
Thanks Kris,
Yes we are boxtopping that we deliver with a few coupons on it. I think the biggest “bang” so far is just saying “is that for pick up or delivery”. I think that really gets people in the mindset.
I am doubtfult hat I will ever attain your 350 deliveries per week, but if i could maintain half of that then I would be VERY happy. Thank you for the kind words of support.

Last edited:
I would say it was a good 5 or 6 years to really see the numbers grow. If I have time I will seek out the ol records. We were open 7 days back then…now we are only open 6. A few years back we started “investing” in delivery by having an extra driver on each shift so our delivery times were really good. I do believe that helped us tons…especially for lunch.

Our new place only does 100-150 but I know in time it will be up to the other location. Getting the word out there with great service is the key. I love the is this for carry out or delivery definately will help. Good luck tonight I hope you get slammed!

kris

Last edited:
Well friends…it happened. I have been working so hard over the last few weeks to spur business and get delivery going, that I have run myself down and now have some horrible body flu. I have to go in to work today to oversee because I have a few who are not familiar with delivery. I plan on staying out of the kitchen and not touching any food. I am doing NOTHING Sunday. Hopefully by Monday I will be feeling better.

On brighter note, friday was very good. We were up 30% over normal, and took 15 deliveries in total. It looks like the week will be up by around 50%. I will keep you posted.

Last edited:
God speed on recovery. Flu could take a week in bed, or two if not. Doctors can give anti-virals to reduce flu duration time if caught early enough. After three days or so, it is ineffective. If you can afford the cost . . .get thee to a physician.

Last edited:
48.png
mattbau43:
Well friends…it happened. I have been working so hard over the last few weeks to spur business and get delivery going, that I have run myself down and now have some horrible body flu. I have to go in to work today to oversee because I have a few who are not familiar with delivery. I plan on staying out of the kitchen and not touching any food. I am doing NOTHING Sunday. Hopefully by Monday I will be feeling better.

On brighter note, friday was very good. We were up 30% over normal, and took 15 deliveries in total. It looks like the week will be up by around 50%. I will keep you posted.
It hit my assistant today too and had to call off. She NEVER calls off sick. So I know it must be hitting her hard.

It’s a good thing I’m not allowed to get sick. It saves alot on doctor visits. 😉

Last edited:
Thanks for the well wishes. I am feeling a tad better, just tired. I am hoping that being a younger guy that I will be able to fight this off in a day or two, at least that is how it has worked out in the past.

So far today we had our best Saturday lunch in a few months. I am curious as to how everyone else’s Saturday lunches are in general?

Last edited:
Back