substitutions, 1/2 and 1/2

We do 1/2s but not on specialties or combos. Right now we price them .5 for each half topping, but I would rather charge for the largest half. For example, half one topping, 2nd half 3 topping, comes out to 2 toppings. I would rather do it as 3.

For our specialties and combos, additions are charged, but subtractions aren’t credited. So a deluxe with no olives, add banana peppers gets charged at regular deluxe price plus a topping. I also don’t do half combos such as half deluxe, half pepperoni. The reason being is that my 7 topping deluxe is reduced in price, but the toppings are reduced as well to make the food cost fit. Less pepperoni than a full price, ect. The amount of each topping was factored in to make a better deal for the customer. It would throw things off costwise if I let them sub bacon for onion. If they want the half deluxe half pepperoni, I give them the option of holding all toppings but the pepperoni on half, or all pepperoni plus the toppings they want on the other half. The 1st option will be cheaper, but get less pepperoni. The 2nd option will cost more but be loaded with more toppings. I actually like the first option better because it’s easier to bake well in our deck oven.

Last edited:
Back