Continue to Site

The Pizza Crafters

Wizzle_Wassell

So guys - why do we need a ‘new forum’.

I see quite a few TT regulars over there but what does this offer that TT doesn’t?

Pizza Today has died a death recently - will another forum add anything?

Last edited:
Wizzle Wassell:

I see quite a few TT regulars over there but what does this offer that TT doesn’t?

I’m wondering the same thing. Is there money in having a forum? I could understand a new guy that isn’t aware of pmq, but why would a contributing member want to compete?

Last edited:
48.png
steveo922:
Wizzle Wassell:

I’m wondering the same thing. Is there money in having a forum? I could understand a new guy that isn’t aware of pmq, but why would a contributing member want to compete?
You can make a little bit of money off the advertising space.

48.png
paul7979:
It’s not filled with trolls from the delivery forum yet.
Exactly! How many disgruntle Papa John’s drivers are on here now? Some don’t even work as drivers anymore and still are posting about it.

Hopefully the new drivers section will help.

I will still be going to the TT everyday like I have for the past 3 years.

Last edited:
48.png
Crusher:
48.png
paul7979:
It’s not filled with trolls from the delivery forum yet.
Exactly! How many disgruntle Papa John’s drivers are on here now? Some don’t even work as drivers anymore and still are posting about it.

Hopefully the new drivers section will help.

I will still be going to the TT everyday like I have for the past 3 years.
We will keep the driver discussions in the right forum. It should help.

We don’t mind having them on our forum, but we would like to keep the Think Tank just for Owner/Manager discussions.

We don’t mind having them on our forum, but we would like to keep the Think Tank just for Owner/Manager discussions

They don’t plan to stick to the delivery forum:
Loyal Driver

1/28/09 10:54:49 PM​

They also just created a separate “delivery forum” on the site and moved all the driver pay related threads over to it. I believe this would give Gregster carte blanche to replace his driver pay thread with all of the relevant links and excerpts, since they can no longer complain about it cluttering up the site. I suspect that this whole thing is an attempt to get rid of us by ghettoizing our threads in a low traffic subforum, but since compensation is a management issue, I for one intend to keep pursuing it.

Last edited:
48.png
paul7979:
We don’t mind having them on our forum, but we would like to keep the Think Tank just for Owner/Manager discussions

They don’t plan to stick to the delivery forum:
Loyal Driver

1/28/09 10:54:49 PM​

They also just created a separate “delivery forum” on the site and moved all the driver pay related threads over to it. I believe this would give Gregster carte blanche to replace his driver pay thread with all of the relevant links and excerpts, since they can no longer complain about it cluttering up the site. I suspect that this whole thing is an attempt to get rid of us by ghettoizing our threads in a low traffic subforum, but since compensation is a management issue, I for one intend to keep pursuing it.
There are rules and they will be followed or they can find somewhere else to post.

I started The Pizza Crafters back when Pizza Today decided to change their software and wiped out the entire history of great advice on their site. It was extremely frustrating to me. I have been working on it since, playing with ideas. Then the influx of trolls from TTPG spurred me to put some attention into it and develop it further rather than sniping at the trolls (which I have a really hard time not doing).
I am hoping that The Pizza Crafters will be complementary to the Think Tank. One does not preclude the other. I am sure PMQ does not fear that TPC is some sort of competitor. After all, they must be aware how few of these forums reach the critical mass of membership required to even show up on search engines. The TT also has the years of cumulative knowledge that make it invaluable.

My goal is not to replace the TT. I will continue to participate on here. But I would like to provide another venue for owners to seek information and camaraderie.
You can make a little bit of money off the advertising space.
Not likely for me. I am footing the entire cost of this myself. It is a labor of love. It is not intended to ever be a profit-making venture.

I invite those who have a love of the pizza business to join and contribute to The Pizza Crafters. Realistically, it will most likely always be a small community. But that brings the advantage of providing the opportunity for you to shape the structure, content and tone of the forum.

Last edited:
That makes a little bit of sense, but in the big picture I’m still baffled. If you plan to have such a small community, why not just have a chat room? It seems like its going to be the same people over and over again, post after post to the same people. If they start a great thread over there that they don’t dare start here, its really useless to the hundreds of people here that won’t benefit from it b/c so many people aren’t going to check two different forums. It will be hard to keep up with both. Its like I’m torn, instead of having two great forums, why not just have one?

Ehh, I guess it doesn’t matter that I’m complaining, its not like you’re going to take it down. I guess I’ll just have to deal with checking both frequently so I don’t miss anything.

edit- Whats with the profile name change Charles?

Last edited:
48.png
steveo922:
That makes a little bit of sense, but in the big picture I’m still baffled. If you plan to have such a small community, why not just have a chat room?
I do not plan for it to be a small community, I am just being realistic based on the experience of most startup forums. In order for TPC to grow, it has to offer more than just a hangout. I have several ideas I am implementing that I hope will increase its value and attract membership.

TPC does have a full featured Chat room that is integrated into the database (no separate login and it restricted to registered members for privacy). I hang out there most evenings after work.
48.png
steveo922:
edit- Whats with the profile name change Charles?
There was a thread on here that discussed the merits of anonymity. I was thinking about it and decided that it is probably better to go back to my original username. After all, if my future customers search for my business, I would prefer the search engines return my business website than all of these posts. They would never figure out how to place an order!

Last edited:
and whats to stop the TTPG moving over there?

I’ve got to be honest in the last week I think things have settled down - the only person who seems to take offense from these guys being here is Charles.

Lets all be honest - no one in their right mind would knowingly underpay any staff. If they do well, they are face the concenquenses.

We all have legal representaives, in my case that’s who I take my advice from, not from a PJ’s driver. Gregster has highlighted a topic, made us all aware of the issue and now its up to us to take what every action we decide.

We all know about insuring our delivery drivers - but still there are guys out there who don’t have insurance, there are guys who know food hygiene standards but knowingly don’t meet them - there are choices in everything we do - but at the end of the day its up to each of us to make our own choices - not gregster, Lonestar, Dox or anyone else - so their presence here means no more to me than anyone else.

Last edited:
48.png
cobblestonepizzaco:
thats a good Idea, how do I change my user name I just went in there and I don’t see where to do that?
I’m sure you would have to ask a moderator, but I don’t see how your name would bring anything up since its all one big word…

Last edited:
Wizzle Wassell:
and whats to stop the TTPG moving over there?
The mods and I. We are not as tolerant of trolls. If you have an agenda, forget about pursuing it at TPC.
Wizzle Wassell:
I’ve got to be honest in the last week I think things have settled down - the only person who seems to take offense from these guys being here is Charles.
Nah, I am just the only one who cannot seem to publicly ignore it. There are many of us who were discussing it privately. That is why I decided to turn my irritation into something positive rather than continuing a shouting match with them publicly (which embarrasses me later).
duty_calls.png

Back