Continue to Site

The ways employees steal thread

pizzatime

I was talking to someone from a different shop and was amazed at how nieve he was towards theff.
I wanted to put together a thread on employee theft and ways to combat it.

Having a front end person in business with kitchen person. This is easy. The order goes in half and the kitchen help makes entire order and they split the difference. A lot of times, registers have a far left coin slot that doesn’t get used. Instead they throw in a penny for every $5 scammed so they know at the end how much to skim.

Always check that far left for items like pennies and take note

pt

Last edited:
I’m making an effort to step back from my store to quit micromanaging and, instead, be a decent father and husband. I just finished installing a new CCTV system with internal DVR, night vision, motion detection for off hours, color cameras with expanded peripheral vision and online access. I can review every transaction, watch the late night slice operation for freebies and any customer actions really easily. Throw in a decent inventory system and you should be pretty much set.

Last edited:
indie pizza:
I’m making an effort to step back from my store to quit micromanaging and, instead, be a decent father and husband. I just finished installing a new CCTV system with internal DVR, night vision, motion detection for off hours, color cameras with expanded peripheral vision and online access. I can review every transaction, watch the late night slice operation for freebies and any customer actions really easily. Throw in a decent inventory system and you should be pretty much set.
What camera system did you get? I’m looking at getting one soon and if you have a recommendation I would love to hear it.

Last edited:
Free food is my biggest fear. People tend to think taking food home for family/friends or giving discounts isn’t stealing.

Last edited:
I’m just happy I have only family working with me right now. When they take food, I don’t feel bad. I just tell them take it easy on the expensive items.

Last edited:
48.png
vvanasten:
What camera system did you get? I’m looking at getting one soon and if you have a recommendation I would love to hear it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0034A … ss_product

I already had an old system with all the cables run, so it was a pretty easy job. Even if I would have had to run the cables though, I could have done it in an afternoon without any help. The peace of mind after just one day (installed it yesterday) is priceless. Not having to pop in a VHS tape every 8 hours is nice too.

Last edited:
On the stealing process… I remember one from when I delivered pizza many many years ago. I refuse to admit nor deny being involved… but a lot of drivers carried “extra” coupons with them too use when customers did not have their own. I know most of you ask and put it in the system when the order comes in…but how many get too the door and the customer hands you a $3 off coupon at the last minute? This was way before POS systems but I am sure could still be done quite easily. Might just want too look at your drivers and coupon redemption a little closer! :idea:

Back