Continue to Site

Time to vent (guilt free)

Charles i am in the same boat sort of but i have had the oppertunity to talk with Big Dave and he recomended thei book
The E Myth. It will give you some good insite that all beginning business owners should know. Check it out.

Last edited:
48.png
techiedude:
The E Myth.
Have read it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Last edited:
I do it because I love what I do. I also do it so I can afford the nice house, boat, vehicles, 3 holidays a year etc. Trust me if it didnt make me money no matter how much I loved it I would do something else. There are always those days where I would give the store away like on my daughters birthday when someone was sick and no one else would cover the shift and I had to work but then there are the times like last year I had 5 weeks of holidays which was the most ever for me in the last 10 years of owning our store. Has it always done good? No I have had a few years where we have barely made ends meet, but I have had more years where we have made lots of money so I keep at it because I know we will go through ups and downs but it will always be more ups and if that changes then I will have to look at something else.

One thingI have found though is yes I want to make lost of money and be able to retire when I am 50 (in 10 years) but there is more to it. I love seeing the kids that have worked for me leave my place better people then when they came in. Some of them are now married and have kids and have tottaly changed their lives for the better and that makes me feel good. To know I have made a difference in someones life is a blessing and I think its why I am where I am today in this business and its my job to mold and shape and mentor these kids and to be a positive example to them.

That is why I do what I do

Last edited:
Back