Continue to Site

Two pics!

After 12 years of research and 10 minutes of Photochopping, we have developed the world’s first SOLAR powered ovens. Inspired as a child by setting things on fire with a magnifying glass, our oven is powered by an 8 foot lens mounted on the roof of your pizzeria. The sun’s focused rays instantly cooks any pizza from thin to thick crust producing a product with the kind of authentic blackening of the crust normally only found in trendy coal or wood fired pizzeria.

We are offering this revolutionary and patented “zero emission” oven at the introductory price of only $120,000. With the energy savings in both electricity and gas, this oven will eventually pay for itself. Order now and be the greenest pizza maker in your market!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g29/LoneStarPhD/pizza/solarpizza.jpg

Solar_Pizza_Ovens:
After 12 years of research and 10 minutes of Photochopping, we have developed the world’s first SOLAR powered ovens. Inspired as a child by setting things on fire with a magnifying glass, our oven is powered by an 8 foot lens mounted on the roof of your pizzeria. The sun’s focused rays instantly cooks any pizza from thin to thick crust producing a product with the kind of authentic blackening of the crust normally only found in trendy coal or wood fired pizzeria.

We are offering this revolutionary and patented “zero emission” oven at the introductory price of only $120,000. With the energy savings in both electricity and gas, this oven will eventually pay for itself. Order now and be the greenest pizza maker in your market!
Genius! Why didn’t I think of that?

Last edited:
Solar_Pizza_Ovens:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g29/LoneStarPhD/pizza/solarpizza.jpg
Sorry man, its kind of like the edsel, a great idea with a ton of research behind it but no market for it.
We sell most of our pizza in the evening, the sun is either at a low angle where it will have less heating ability or completely set. The moon does not deposit enough ergs/cm2 to get the job done. We would still have to burn carbon based fuels to get it done right. A little global warming would be welcome in the northeast this week though.

Rick

Last edited:
Rick G:
Sorry man, its kind of like the edsel, a great idea with a ton of research behind it but no market for it.
We sell most of our pizza in the evening, the sun is either at a low angle where it will have less heating ability or completely set. The moon does not deposit enough ergs/cm2 to get the job done. We would still have to burn carbon based fuels to get it done right. A little global warming would be welcome in the northeast this week though.

Rick
It would be ok here for the summer when the sun sets at 11:00 pm but the winter would be brutal as the sun sets at about 4:00 PM

Last edited:
Dewar's Pizza Bakery:
You guys realize it was a joke, right? Please tell me you realized that.
WHAT??? And here I was all excited because I could do something for the environment!!! I was all set to change my store hours to match the cycle of the sun. Darn I wanted to work shorter days in the winter 😦

Last edited:
Does it come as a double or triple stack?
Also, do you need to adjust the angle for items like wings or cheesesticks?
Last question, how much windex is required to clean it and how often. Please tell me it has to be cool to the touch to clean. It sure seems easier to clean than my double stack lincolns.
I know it seems expensive at first, however you don’t need any makeup air or hood exhaust. That should mess with the fire marshall some.
Bubba

Last edited:
48.png
Crusher:
Nice job hijacking a good thread! :?
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/4018/hulkavl3.jpg

Last edited:
Naturally if an operator is replacing an older oven there will be savings but that will be more as a result of the latest model gas burners and gas valves saving 20 to 30 % even before the wow option.
As no wow ovens that I have heard of have replaced modern ovens with the newest burners and valves I have no way to determine if the wow option accomplishes enough to warrant the additional cost or additional exposure to service.

Some operators who have installed wow ovens may think it is the wow option that is saving them some operating cost when it is mostly due to the new burners and valves.

Just my observations, if someone knows otherwise I would like to hear their views.

Hi All!

If you’re interested in finding out more about energy-efficient appliances and water/energy savings in general, be sure to check out the Energy Awareness article coming out soon in PMQ’s January issue. The issue focuses on green issues such as energy usage, organic foods/beverages, pizzerias that have gone organic, etc.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any specific questions, and have a happy holiday!

Liz Barrett, editor-in-chief
PMQ’s Pizza Magazine
www.pmq.com

Last edited:
Back