Continue to Site

Video store

Pizza_Al

Anyone partner up with another local video store? What type of cross promotions are most effective with a video/pizzeria?

Last edited:
We have a video store next door and are going to start in September. wE exchange each others coupons. For example when you rent a video the store gives you a coupon good for somthing off on your pizza purchase ($1.00 $2.00 $3.00 ) or if you rent one of their movie packages, you get a free pizza. We do the same from our end. Then we settle up the difference weekly with each other.

Last edited:
We have a video store two doors down from us. We print up a monthly calendar of all of their events and they give us 1/4 of the page to advertise our video store member specials.

They also allow us to insert boxtoppers inside of their movie preview guides and put our menus in their lobby.

I’ve tried like heck to get their member info. But they won’t give that out. I offered to pay for a over-sized postcard with a small offer on it from us and they said no.

Last edited:
I was running the same sort of deal as CaptSammy until there was a management change. The new manager has a “NO COUPON” policy. So things have not been going well with them.

Last edited:
We also own a video store so its easy for us to cross promote. We boxtop for our video store usually its a rent one get one free coupon snd we keep the date short usually it is dated for 10-14 days. At rhe video store we have our menus that we give out with each rental and tell the customers if they order a pizza they will get a coupon for a free rental. To keep the paper work to a minimum I dont do any combos with pizza and movies i only use the coupons. It works great for us and we get extra business at both places by doing this.

Last edited:
We have an arrangement with one of the local independant video stores… They insert into every case one of our supplied, high quality, full colour bleed cards with our logo, phone number, web page etc. Signs at both stores tell customers we will pay for a movie rental upon turning in $50 worth of our receipts to the video store. Our receipts are now kept on fridges, in purses etc etc. Actually become somewhat of a commodity lol… Every time somebody rents a movie they see our name and contact info a minimum of twice. 6,000 cards were not cheap at $1,800. $150 average a month in redemptions plus cards ammortized over two years gives me a cost of approx $225 a month to be in customers hands/face just as they sit down to watch a movie/put it away. I think that is cheap. I pay him full retail for his movies, my customers pay full menu price for my product. I believe the “free movie” to be an advertising cost, not a discount.
Picking up a minimum of 2 new customers a week who subsequently take the “free” movie deal who were customers of the video store. You’d never get this ok’d at a Blockbuster etc !!! Makes too much sense for a large chain to understand.

Last edited:
48.png
boatnut:
I believe the “free movie” to be an advertising cost, not a discount.
yea you’ve explained your ‘thinking’ on ‘full menu price’ and ‘discounts’ so don’t start that one again please.

Last edited:
Back