Continue to Site

Wanting a Raise

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
WI Guest,

Thanks for the compliment.

MM,

That’s a very good way of doing things also. There’s a reason why I do mine the way I do (and I’m not getting defensive, so please don’t think I am because your system is a good one) and operators of more than one store can usually attest to this fact:

You’ll have a manager in place at one of your locations who has his “favorite driver”. He’ll keep giving him raises while you have a person who’s been there a year or so with the same pay they started with. This way, it’s fair to everyone and it’s based, like you said MM, on tenure. This method will hopefully keep people around for a while.

Like I’ve said many times before, I don’t come up with very many original ideas. Most ideas I post in here come from past experiences. This format actually came from the first pizza company I ever worked for: RPM Pizza, a franchisee of Domino’s down in Louisiana and Mississippi. I swear to you I can remember drivers back in the day who accumulated over 15,000 hours and were extremely proud of that fact. That company has set the bar for how I want mine to be run. -J_r0kk

Last edited:
I really appreciate all the input.

What I really have come to realize is I need some sort of system in place.

Sure it might only be 20 bucks a week but I think cooks who work strictly hourly should be up for raises before wait or delivery who have some control over their wages.

Heck, I’d like a raise, I deserve a raise. So just going to tell her no.

You guys are great.

Back