Continue to Site

What are your hobbies outside of pizza, pizza and more pizza?

The best hobby is one in which you can get totally immersed in, block out the rest of the world, even if just for a few minutes or hours, and put everything else on a back burner.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor
Absolutely!
Tear-assing around Wisconsin’s northwoods on a 30 year Old Harley is about the only respite that I have left anymore.
I guess I need to build a life before I get too old.

Last edited:
Riding my motorcycle and hanging with wife and kids. Do you guys find yourselves wanting to be away from people after work

Last edited:
I’m not sure why I finally read this thread, but I’ve been impressed with some of your talents… particularly Walter and Bodega. These guys have some serious chops (just click on Bodega’s video or click on the link to Walters music). Walter made a recording just a few days ago of something he calls “Miracles” that’s righteous. I play a little R&B/Jazz piano, a lot of online poker, and I frequently email many of my geezer friends with links to some of the best oldies, particularly Doo Wop.

Last edited:
Piedad: Thanks for that compliment. I am not up to jazz but started my music career playing with Wilbert Harrison who had a huge hit in the do wop era called Kansas City. He shared lots of stories of those magical days at the beginning of rock and roll. I did approx. 250 dates a year for 20 years around the world. It was a great experience but music has changed so much with the advent of the net that most of my friends, many grammy winners, now live at poverty level. It is very sad to see. I was blessed to find working with people with disabilities. It motivated me to go to college and become a teacher just as the live music scene was nose diving in the early 90’s. I am the only person in the world doing music the way I do it. I had to book myself, start my own record label, and do it all pre net/computer. Maps, typewriter, and big landline phone bills… It was an ever going struggle to get a gig and when live music started really dying fast I was in real bad shape gig wise and I was baking/making pizzas more than I’d ever done in the lean times to that point. Finding teaching/getting a college degree was something that saved my life in many ways. I will soon be opening my own pizzeria and continuing my work with the disabled as entry level employees. This will be my newest hobby! Walter

link to my music bio and about 6,000 of my songs

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=157137

Here is a shot of my band circa 1981 from Brussels, Belguim. I based my band there for 2.5 years it was a great time and I learned a ton about bread making from the corner bread maker who was raised in Paris.

Last edited:
Back