Continue to Site

What's a fair price over cheese block to pay?

LOL, a local Italian distributor called Battaglia. I play 2 local guys against each other they always have better prices that the national distributors. once in a while ill have a sysco or GFS guy come in and try to get my business and they cant touch my local guys. anyway, I use their name brand cheese it come straight from the great stare of Wisconsin and it is very good stuff. the other distributor I use, Greco and Sons, is at times a lill bit cheaper but its not as good as Battaglia moz. And just to twist the knife for some of you guys I don’t use all that much cheese; I hear some of yall go through 20 cases a week and I am very envious. Battaglia is only here in chicagoland, Greco has locations in Chicago, Wisconsin and Arizona.
Filippo I’m guessing? Good stuff, used to have it at the place I was at in college.

I haven’t paid more than $1.89 in 4 weeks. $1.76 this week but maybe it’s cheaper in Cali idk. Supposed to be $1.68 next week I’m told

Last edited:
Filippo I’m guessing? Good stuff, used to have it at the place I was at in college.

I haven’t paid more than $1.89 in 4 weeks. $1.76 this week but maybe it’s cheaper in Cali idk. Supposed to be $1.68 next week I’m told
what cheese are you using?

Last edited:
LOL, a local Italian distributor called Battaglia. I play 2 local guys against each other they always have better prices that the national distributors. once in a while ill have a sysco or GFS guy come in and try to get my business and they cant touch my local guys. anyway, I use their name brand cheese it come straight from the great stare of Wisconsin and it is very good stuff. the other distributor I use, Greco and Sons, is at times a lill bit cheaper but its not as good as Battaglia moz. And just to twist the knife for some of you guys I don’t use all that much cheese; I hear some of yall go through 20 cases a week and I am very envious. Battaglia is only here in chicagoland, Greco has locations in Chicago, Wisconsin and Arizona.
We go through about 1200lbs a week. $1.85 for mozz and $1.92 for Provolone as of yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back