Continue to Site

whats on your buffet

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
Anonymous:
a buffet must have variety,this way i cater to a larger group of people,and in my market,i could not survive on pizza alone…i do all the buffet myself,make dough,sauce,grind a 3 cheese blend,chop all vegies fresh daily,do breakfast,
cut my own chops and steaks fresh daily,all myself,then i bring in people for work at 4 p.m. to line cook.i make pizza till close

Last edited:
I absolutely hate buffets, it is very hard to make food cost with them. You have to have a heavy staff during buffet hours, so it makes making labor harder and you have to have high volume to even make costs on buffet. And finally, there will always be waste. At the last PH I worked at, we always had waste. there were only a few days here and there where there was no waste or very little. If I owned an independant Pizza Shop, there is no way I’d run buffet. At least with the franchise company I worked for, they gave you credit for the buffet waste. But an independant shop, it comes directly off the bottom line. People like buffet because they think they’re getting a great value, it’s fast and you have a variety. If I owned my own place, I would taylor my lunch menu toward those means. I would have a huge sandwich line, sides to go with those sandwiches, a variety of salads, soups (especially in the winter) people love the whole soup, salad, breadsticks thing. I would have a lunch menu that would be quick to produce… no longer than ten minutes and even that is high.

Last edited:
Back