Continue to Site

What's your competition within a 2 mile radius?

pizzatime

I had 3 pizza shops open up this year within a 2 mile radius of my store plus a subway. I was talking to owner of my food vender and he said he has seen this before. When the economy is bad, everyone jumps in the pizza business but only a few make it.

The problem is that these newbies give away pizza at a very low price then get out. These places lower the bar for all of us.

What’s your area like?

Last edited:
Within two miles I only have a Pizza Hut, a local Italian restaurant that serves pizza and a newer regional pizza chain(Pizza Vito). If I expand that to a 4 mile radius of my store I have 4 Dominos, 3 Hungry Howies, 2 Papa Johns, 2 Pizza Huts, 2 Pizza Vitos, 1 Marcos, 1 Cicis, and 6 Indy’s that serve pizza, 4 of which specialize in pizza and 2 who are about 50/50 pizza and Italian entrees. On top of this I have numerous other delivery businesses offering chicken, sushi, wraps ect.

Last edited:
Small town of 3500, but we’ve got a Dairy Queen, McDonald’s, Subway, Pizza Hut, a regional chain Monical’s Pizza…plus 3 coffee shops/Mexican/Greek/Albanian restuarants, a “fine” German restaurant, and well…us.

Last edited:
5 other stores with an Italian restaurant that sells pizzas and a LC supposedly opening down the street from me next month. 10K homes in that area.

Last edited:
We have Eagle boys (Aussie major franchise bigger than PH) 100mts away, PH and Domino’s within the 2 mile radius, 1 indie a mile away and a restaurant that sells pizzas (dine in or take away) less than 1/2 mile away. A couple of indies went belly up over the past 6 months that were also in the 2 mile radius. About 15
,000 homes

Last edited:
Back