Who uses paid facebook advertising?

Paid Facebook marketing can be a good option if your business is extremely new and you want that more and more people know about it. But it can be an expensive affair in the long run. I am utilizing various marketing techniques including the social media methods and business text messaging app. Truly I am getting superb results!

Last edited:
We give away a free pizza every week. To qualify you have to subscribe to our E-Club. We use Facebook to promote that and get people to join our E-Club.

We also use it for new items and special events

Last edited:
We give away a free pizza every week. To qualify you have to subscribe to our E-Club. We use Facebook to promote that and get people to join our E-Club.

We also use it for new items and special events
I like this idea. How does it work for you customers? They see your FB post, click a link to join the E-Club. Then are only NEW people allowed to win the pizza? Or does everyone in your E-club have a chance to win that pizza, even if they did not sign up from FB?
The more I look at it, it sound like your E-Club gives away a free pizza every week and you advertise this on FB. Is that how it works?

Last edited:
I like this idea. How does it work for you customers? They see your FB post, click a link to join the E-Club. Then are only NEW people allowed to win the pizza? Or does everyone in your E-club have a chance to win that pizza, even if they did not sign up from FB?
The more I look at it, it sound like your E-Club gives away a free pizza every week and you advertise this on FB. Is that how it works?
So the FB ad is to get more people to sign up to the E-Club. They click the add to Join and it sends them to a page on my site that has an embedded sign up form that is linked to Mailchimp. I require them to input their First, Last name and Address (which I plan on using to send post cards through Mailchimp), they also can leave their birthdate and anniversary to where I have an Automated email sent out to them on those days for a free pizza on their birthday and a heart shaped pizza on their anniversary. Everyone in the E-Club new and old has a chance to win a free pizza. I then send an email every Monday with the winner. Every Friday I send and email with the Weekend Special, I resend the Friday email on Sunday and change the Headline to “Last Day to get this special”. Every email I send out also includes daily specials, new items, feature items, news, events. I use a template and just change the pictures or wording.

Last edited:
So the FB ad is to get more people to sign up to the E-Club. They click the add to Join and it sends them to a page on my site that has an embedded sign up form that is linked to Mailchimp. I require them to input their First, Last name and Address (which I plan on using to send post cards through Mailchimp), they also can leave their birthdate and anniversary to where I have an Automated email sent out to them on those days for a free pizza on their birthday and a heart shaped pizza on their anniversary. Everyone in the E-Club new and old has a chance to win a free pizza. I then send an email every Monday with the winner. Every Friday I send and email with the Weekend Special, I resend the Friday email on Sunday and change the Headline to “Last Day to get this special”. Every email I send out also includes daily specials, new items, feature items, news, events. I use a template and just change the pictures or wording.
Sounds great. How is your open / click rate?
Where can I sign up?
(edit: found it)

Last edited:
298_2.png
Rico:
I am surprised your open rate is so low on the free pizza winner email. Can the recipients see the name of the winner without opening the email?
Is this free pizza winner email the only way that the winner is notified? If so, I would not think that the redemption rate is very high since only 14% of people open it?
Finally, do you just use a random # generator to pick a winner based on the number of people in your email list?
Thanks, love the ideas!

Last edited:
I am surprised your open rate is so low on the free pizza winner email. Can the recipients see the name of the winner without opening the email?
Is this free pizza winner email the only way that the winner is notified? If so, I would not think that the redemption rate is very high since only 14% of people open it?
Finally, do you just use a random # generator to pick a winner based on the number of people in your email list?
Thanks, love the ideas!
1 The name of the winner is not displayed before opening the email
2 The email is the only way they are notified. The redemption rate is not high but it is improving.
3 I just go down my list and pick the next in line when picking a winner

I just recently started this in April. Looks like it slows down in July. I’ve been collecting emails for about 4 years but never really starting marketing until a few months ago. As people who are no longer interested or moved away unsubscribe the rate will improve. Mailchimp says the industry average open rate is currently at 17.5%. I am sending the emails at 6am but I am planning on playing around with headlines, send times and days as well to see if that will help the open rate. I’ve listed each weeks open rates below.

The winner is open rate:
4/15 21%
4/22 18.7%
4/29 16.4%
5/6 17.6%
5/13 19.9%
5/20 18.9%
5/28 18.4%
6/3 19%
6/10 18.4%
6/17 16.7%
6/24 18.6%