Continue to Site

why enforce registratrion

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
Personally, I love this change. It is a way to control all the spam. Even with the added moderators to help control spam, a lot still got through. Trust me, this will be a lot better. Hats off to the PMQ web staff!!

Last edited:
I agree with the decision to enforce registration.

Why enforce it ? It’s their site… soooo they can.

Last edited:
see? people having more fun here already. long live registration
Wizzle Wassell:
60.png
j_r0kk:
Mystery,

Okay, I’ve been following this thread for a little bit. You make some good points but now you’ve crossed the line:

The difference between posting as “guest” rather than “wizzle wassell” is because Wizzle Wassell is wayyyyy cooler. Don’t ever forget that.

-J_r0kk
As always your advice is just sooooooo spot on.
WW :lol:

Last edited:
One other great thing about having to be registered to post is that there are no “accidents” where someone posts a long message, gets logged as guest and the person has to log in and reply saying “that was me, sorry”.

Also, post count (as much as I hate them as a metric) can lend some insight into how valuable a particular oddball idea might be. We’ve had some off-the-wall ideas before, but if they come from a known poster, they are trusted a lot more than something by an unknown “guest”.

Last edited:
I think I posted as a guest no more than 15 posts. The name I registered never activiated with email and it became annoying. So, when I saw a post I thought I might be of some help, I guest posted with a guest name.

However, the spam that has hit this board is disgusting and hopefully, this change will be for the better.

PD

Last edited:
Back