Did someone say FRESH Dough?

So I keep seeing commercials for the “fresh” handmade dough dominoes has rolled out. Last week, the local dominoes set up a huge thing outside and gave free slices of the new fresh dough.

I was going to post on Facebook Fresh Dough??? How can they make fresh dough without a mixer? (maybe even a pic of us making dough LOL)

What do you’ll think?

I want to use facebook as it seems more appropriate as far as the audience I want…I wish I could make one of those “cards” people are always posting with funny sayings that says it.

Am I better doing what I do and ignoring what they are doing?

:mrgreen:

In a word . . . .commissary.

Yep, the commissary does all of the hard work of making the dough, portioning it, balling it and putting it into dough boxes and making sure it is properly refrigerated, they then ship the refrigerated dough to the stores for use just as anyone else would use refrigerated dough. They should be pretty good at it because that’s how they used to do it for a good many years.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Tom…
I think this “fresh dough” thing that they keep pressing is just going to go right out the window just as their “artisan” label did. A few months back when this term became popular, it was popping up all over, even on packaging of paper towels I buy at Sams Club…I just could not believe it, to me “artisan” is the hand craft of making something that you put your heart & sole into. And for them to use it, I just laugh, I put more heart & sole even love into making my food than them

Yes I realize that is how they make their dough…to me that is not fresh dough.

I read an article and someone from Pizza Hut said in response (paraphrased) I would rather have frozen dough shipped twice a week rather than raw dough being shipped twice a week.

To me it would be like saying our fresh baked bread (which we get delivered 3 times a week)

I think they are misleading the consumers when they say “fresh handmade dough” but I have decided not to post anything on facebook…I get better returns posting positive things…like our 18 year anniversary of making our fresh HOMEMADE dough. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the input.