Insurance questions

Welcome the Think Tank. Who are the underwriters you represent? In particular, owned and hired auto policies? Does the umbrella policy you mention on your site extend over the auto?

I think you were referring to me.

There are a limited number of Carriers nationwide that will write the auto.

We have access to several markets. Depending on your state, claims experience among other factors we will decide which market would be the best fit for you.

On the umbrella this is even further limited when looking for it to extend over the auto.

But yes there are umbrellas available that go over the auto.

Another important factor is if you look for standalone coverage or all bundled together.

Since all we do is pizza we have access to most all the programs. (Some exceptions)

Hi Jason,

Yes, I did intend to hit “reply” but I must have hit “new topic” instead. Sorry about that.

I would be interested to hear about the umbrella that would include auto.

I understand that there are different markets/companies/providers for insurance product. I also know after 14 years that the number of choices out there is limited. You did not answer my question in this area: Which are the ones that you represent?

Simply doing a change of broker for the same product would not make a lot of sense to me so I wonder what products you offer. As a for instance, here are the products I would be looking for:

Colorado location:

General business liability
Commercial condo location owned
Owned Auto
Hired Auto
Pinnacol Work Comp

Sorry not trying to duck your question. I am trying to refrain as much as I can from using the forum to promote us. My hope is to offer insight and yes maybe that gives people reason to call.

You are correct the markets available are limited and getting more and more limited.

Work Comp and Hired and Non-Owned Auto being the real area of focus.

In Colorado Pinnacol is very strong. I would caution anyone to think before making a switch on work comp. There are times it makes good business to switch but there are times when you should stick with what you have especially if you have a long history with them.

For the Hired and Non-Owned Auto there are just 3 or 4 that will write it standalone. ASI being one, Tudor being another. We have 3 to 4 choices for standalone.

There are programs that include the property, liability and auto. Fireman’s Fund has been around many years. There is a new one called Guard that is promising.

Lloyd’s is another option for some people.

While it is a limited market that doesn’t mean you don’t have choices.