peerless cw 61 deck oven

Hi,
I wonder if anyone uses the Peerless deck ovens.
Thanks

We have no clients using that oven.

Nice looking apparently well built.

Appears to be under powered for a commercial pizza oven.

How many pizzas do you hope to sell during your busiest hour of your busiest evening?

George Mills

They do seem under powered, but I spoke to the manufacturer and he claims their unique design ensures even cooking and quick recovery.
We sell around 25 18 inch pizzas in our busiest hour. Now we have a Baker’s Pride, Y602. They work great on the average night but the heat just sucks out of the stones and the big weekends.

Hi Paradox:

You state: They work great on the average night but the heat just sucks out of the stones and the big weekends.

That’s a common situation with deck ovens. I imagine it would be the same with the Peerless unit.

With only 1/2 the BTU and no heat applied to the upper deck I do not think that unit will perform as well as a Y-600.

Apparently no one who uses this forum has that make oven.

George Mills

I have the CE61, which is the electric version of the CW61. IT bakes very well and recovers quite well. However it requires lots of repairs. In the last few years I have replace a door, door hinges, door handles, relays (lots) and elements. The workmanship just doesn’t hold a candle to Bakers Pride or Marsal.

They will be much, much less productive than your Y-600’s. If you at the point where you are maxing out your Y-600 ovens, then the only other option in the deck oven area would be perhaps a Rotoflex or maybe a Fish.

Thanks for the input!

May I add that if you want to have a deck oven that is extremly efficent you should look at the Veroforno oven. I have one and it is amazing and built like a tank. I run a high volume pizzeria and the four deck veroforno does all my baking.