Pizza Lunch Buffet

Thought of this as a way to help boost sales. Non-existent in our market so it would definitely be original. We have a party room (see pic) that we use for overflow for nights & weekends that I could use to keep a buffet line along one wall, but I was thinking of something simple (assorted pizzas, salad, pasta, dessert and fountain drinks). The bulk of our lunch business is currently a 2 slice combo with fountain soda (cheese $4.99 or toppings $5.99) so I was thinking an all you can eat would be priced around $7.99…does that seem right? it’s tough to estimate food cost but I am thinking I can make up for it in volume and labor savings. Any recommendations for equipment needed?

Thanks in advance for your help!party room.jpg

we charge 8 with tax and is in line with others in our area.drinks are extra. I like to make 9 or 10 inch pizzas as there is less waste this way. make the crust slightly thicker and use a little less cheese,but dont change your pizza too much!! make sure you put the salad so they go to it first.put a lot of fillers for the salad such as croutons onions cucumbers if possible hard boiled eggs etc fill them up on salad! we use a flat counter top warmer thats 14 by 90 roughly for the pizza. I can tell you a model and brand if you`d like,but I cant remeber right now. when cheese was at its peak price I would put a little extra pepper in the sauce so they would drink more,but never really stopped doing this. some would put flour in their parmesean shakers I have heard but I never did this.make sure red pepper flake shakers arent all the way full so the shaker dispenses more,easier, and make sure you have a shaker at each table. put parmesean cheese out only per request and make sure these shakers are completly full so it takes longer to dispense and dispenses less.