Car Toppers

48.png
D-No:
Next question Greg…as long as you’re keeping the Fair Labor Standards Act in a quick draw holster and are so concerned with employERs upholding the law, as an employEE, do you declare all of your tips? After all, let’s judiciously and fairly apply the law-abiding standard to both concerned parties…
Yes I do report ALL of my tips even the one cent tips and the big ones too. I suggest that ALL drivers report all of their tips for many reasons including possible workmans comp claims, higher reported income for loan qualification, but most of all because it is the right thing to do.
48.png
D-No:
For what it’s worth, Dominos Pizza policy prohibits management from requiring drivers to clock in and out at different wages depending upon whether or not they’re in the store. If your bosses do that, then you are working for the wrong people. That is parsimonious in the extreme, and it’s a sleazy end run around tip-crediting.
I agree that split pay is a “sleazy end run around tip-crediting†and while I personally disagree with it, it is however legal in most states.

As to why I stay with PJ’s despite Dominos higher wages, it is because my store has a much higher volume than other better paying stores in my area. I have personally talked to drivers from Dominos, Pizza Hut and Channellos that have all moved to my store because they cant make enough money at the other stores because they are overstaffed compared to the amount of deliveries they have. Even with our lower wages, the take home still far outweighs others stores nearby. Still, that does not make it OK for any store to violate the FLSA and not fully reimburse drivers for expenses.

Wizzle Wassell:
gregster:
For every person that posts, there are another ten to twenty more that read and never post a thing. I am reaching a much wider audience then my detractors alone.

Enjoy the laughs. Thanks for the bumps. 😃
and of course they all agree with your point of view don’t they?
They have yet to disagree! 😃

48.png
nelsonj:
Gregster,
Your posts are very amusing. There…one lurker disagrees with you.
Thanks for joining the conversation. What exactly do you disagree with?

Apparently not, you keep posting! Thanks for your support!
[/quote]
It is called comic relief. I need a good laugh once in a while. :lol:

As you may or maynot be aware your posts do bring a smile to many around here. To be so persistent with your message, that is mostly targeted to the minority of the Think Tank members, reminds me of a rat in a cage on one of those wheels.
There is lots of effort and lots of noise but the rat is still in the cage in the same spot with no hope of going anywhere.

Last edited:
I think PMQ should just make a forum for rants and raves. This forum for delivery discussion is useless as almost every single topic turns into a drawn out tirade about min. wage for drivers… Funny stuff but useless for any type of knowledge gathering on the subject.

Last edited:
That’s one of the reasons Gregster got banned. Should go back and read all the other posts on Delivery Driver Discussion. One got so out of hand it got locked.
This is why there is not many new posts on this section
Dave

Last edited:
Back